2 Replies - 199 Views - Last Post: 10 November 2017 - 04:11 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Why is android jobs on average much higher paid than iOS jobs?

Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:55 AM

I just googled and to my surprise, iOS average pay is around 80k, while android at 100k. Note we are talking about average! This is practically baffling.

In my database of stereotypes, iOS users are usually high income earners, the kind that "ain't got time to fiddle with your technical contraptions" so "just shut up, take my money and fix my stuff" sums up their principle of operation pretty well. On the other hand, android users are more frugal and thrifty - if they can get an app for free, they won't bother with paid ones. Other than that, most iPhone users play mobile games and microtransaction like nuts, "unlock lvl. 6 fodder cannon by purchasing 10,000 xp for 50 bucks? Sure thing!" while most android users use their phones for application and productivity utilities.

What's going on? It so doesn't make any sense?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Why is android jobs on average much higher paid than iOS jobs?

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Why is android jobs on average much higher paid than iOS jobs?

Posted 31 October 2017 - 07:35 AM

Well without trying to get dragged into some debate on the merits and drawbacks of each, I think it is because Android developers seem to have a little more trouble in that Android is a fragmented market and there is a lot of additional testing and planning that is going on. Plus I think while the markets are leveling out, there was (at one time) more people developing on iOS than Android with regard to apps. Meaning the market has more supply of iOS devs. Now obviously that is changing quite quick so that may not be the case anymore but once was.

But I am going to say that your research is only a piece of the puzzle. Each market is different. You might have more demand for Android devs in Atlanta Georgia and thus average pay is higher there vs San Francisco. Just depends. :)

This post has been edited by Martyr2: 31 October 2017 - 07:36 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Why is android jobs on average much higher paid than iOS jobs?

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:11 PM

How do you get this data? According to the report inmobi.com "State of mobile app developers 2016" iOS developers earn more than Android developers.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1