need an idea for a project

Page 1 of 1

1 Replies - 714 Views - Last Post: 10 January 2008 - 09:33 PM

• What did you call me?
  • member icon

• View blog

Program idea suggestions

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:04 PM

For my adv C++ class i have to write a program with some practical use for the far away midterm. Some of the given examples are:

a program that creates/edits/etc. a HOSTS security file, a database manager, game, logging utility, or something to augment an existing system (batch in names to a server, read or extract data from a log file etc.)

I have no prior C++ gui experience but can and do almost anything to do with CLI and am a quick learner.

I am not asking for anyone to do my work for me, but i am asking for any ideas for programs that can get me started--maybe a game. B)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Program idea suggestions

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: Program idea suggestions

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:33 PM

View Postcarltech, on 10 Jan, 2008 - 08:04 PM, said:

For my adv C++ class i have to write a program with some practical use for the far away midterm. Some of the given examples are:

a program that creates/edits/etc. a HOSTS security file, a database manager, game, logging utility, or something to augment an existing system (batch in names to a server, read or extract data from a log file etc.)

I have no prior C++ gui experience but can and do almost anything to do with CLI and am a quick learner.

I am not asking for anyone to do my work for me, but i am asking for any ideas for programs that can get me started--maybe a game. B)

you could do a checkers game.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1