1 Replies - 277 Views - Last Post: 01 November 2017 - 07:26 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Help into starting programming

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:39 AM

Hello everyone, i am new here and was hoping of getting some help or advice.

I am an accountant, but i just finished few months course in Java. I think i was pretty good at it (if not best in group), i really like it. But there we were learning only language, solving problems etc. We didnt learn anything about how to apply that knowledge into building real applications or anything, so i am here hoping to get some advice how to upgread from there.

I have few ideas of building few accounting related applications, i have pretty clear idea how to do it i would make it work for sure, but i know nothing of compatibility issuses (how to make it work anywhere), how to organise good code, how to test it, what databases to use, security, know nothing about servers, java versions....

Is it possible to even try building app with my knowledge? Can you recommend some reading that would not be overkill for me that would just help me making first usefull apps that would not be mess or am i lost case? :)

Any info from someone experienced would be usefull. Thanks!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Help into starting programming

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Help into starting programming

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:26 AM

If you want to start making usable applications, you should probably edge towards building web apps with Java, since Java on the desktop is rarely used. Start reading around the basics and practising them. Make, to begin with, a modest web app that will actually be useful to you
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1