3 Replies - 123 Views - Last Post: 08 November 2017 - 09:00 AM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Firefox jumping in website when picture changes

Posted 06 November 2017 - 01:02 PM

Hi!

If you scroll to the bottom of this page in Firefox (45.8.0 - Debian):
http://jm-productions.be/index.php

And you wait a few seconds, the browser will jump to the changing picture a few frames higher.
This has to do with JQuery changing the DOM-element or something, but how can I fix this?

This problem does not occur in Chrome, only Firefox. Or is it fixed in newer versions of Firefox?
How would I fix it anyway?

Thanks!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Firefox jumping in website when picture changes

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Firefox jumping in website when picture changes

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:01 PM

If I had to guess, I would say that the fade effect fades the picture out, removes it from the DOM (or just changes the display to none), which causes the page height to shrink, then it displays the next image and fades it in. That's just a guess though. To fix that it would have to display the second image before it hides the first one, and just have them both floating in the same space.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:00 PM

I guess the same thing.
Disabling CSS doesnt change anything, it has to do something with render.

Its changing (actually setting) inline style, display and opacity (0-0.7). If i delete this two, it will appear on fade, so its not changing (would not make a problem), but instead, removing, and setting a new one. Display are set to inline, sometimes to static, and sometimes to block, IDK why its shifting, you should check it.

Even that would not be a problem, but because when display are removed (in process to create a new display inline style), next one are used instead, that would be wk-carousel #wk-carouselImg, but it cannot be applied, and next one are used, and thats wk-carousel img, guess what, it have display set to none.

As he say, similar, after image fade out with opacity, both, display and opacity has been removed from inline, leaving picture with display: none, that will shrink page because image are not shown, then new image are loaded, display and opacity are set inline and become usable, that will expand page, because image are now shown, but Firefox wont refresh page until function are on going, so when opacity reach 0.7, it become aware of page length and fix it, making jump to where it was.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:00 AM

And how would I fix it? Regarding the code you see on the website?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1