2 Replies - 391 Views - Last Post: 13 November 2017 - 07:28 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

professional development in your country

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:37 AM

Hi !,
First of all i am new here. i am studying development in Denmark.
I want to ask how it's like to work with development in other countries than Denmark?
how is the development controlled? at school we have learned about several system development methods like SCRUM, XP an so on.
And what about working hours, working conditions? I just want to know in general about working as an developer in other countries.
I hope some will answer this, it's not exactly a question about a specific problem but i hope it's okay.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: professional development in your country

#2 Skydiver  Icon User is online

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: professional development in your country

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:23 AM

My understanding is that in Denmark, people actually use their vacation time, as well as people tend to follow regular work day hours with overtime being an exception rather than the rule. In the US, not so much.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I think you'll find it's "Dr"
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: professional development in your country

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:28 AM

View PostSkydiver, on 13 November 2017 - 02:23 PM, said:

My understanding is that in Denmark, people actually use their vacation time, as well as people tend to follow regular work day hours with overtime being an exception rather than the rule.

I think it's the same here in the UK. As far as the OP's original question goes, obviously it'll vary from company to company. In mine, we're agile (Kanban rather than Scrum) and tend to pair a lot. We're big on TDD, too. My team has their stand up at around 10:00, so people tend to get in around then and leave between 17:00 and 18:00.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1