7 Replies - 518 Views - Last Post: 17 November 2017 - 09:51 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

App that allows multiple people to vote anonymously?

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:32 AM

Is it possible to have an App that allows multiple people to vote on something anonymously?

Example:

The app creates a link and this link is distributed to specific people and these people vote through the link, then the results return to the app. This way, people can be part of the process without installing the same app on their cell phones or for example passing the mobile phone that has the votes from hand to hand. The problem with this "theory", which I do not know if it really can happen, is that it will be necessary to have a server, a domain?

Is there a different way to do it?

What I said earlier make sense?

Thanks

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: App that allows multiple people to vote anonymously?

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: App that allows multiple people to vote anonymously?

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:34 AM

So you want many people to use one device to vote on something?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:42 AM

I actually want an app that has a ratings feature, and that this functionality can be done by multiple people, in an anonymous or non-anonymous way. I wanted to prevent all people from voting to have to install the application, for example
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:44 AM

I am not understanding.

Multiple people on multiple devices rating something. Yes, that is possible.
Multiple people on a single device rating something. Yes, that is possible.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Xamarin Cert. Dev.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:13 PM

Is it possible to have lots of people rate something?
You've used other apps before, right? You've seen it done, right? So you know its possible before you even ask.

So cut to the real question:

Will someone walk me through what I need, and how to do it, and maybe give me some code I can copy/paste to make my program?

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:59 PM

Lets focus on "Multiple people on multiple devices rating something. Yes, that is possible."

Let's pretend that I have an application that gives to make groups of culinary. I have to add group members (by putting a name and rating possibility). Then I want to have a list of the groups with the members and their rating, however, it would be fair if the ratings could be made by multiple people that i want to vote. The final rating would be a multi-rating calculations. In order to do this, I could pass my mobile phone to 3 or 4 people to evaluate the members (not very plausible), could eventually create a feature in the app that a person can register and after registering could have access to the rankings (implied that all the people intend to give ranking had to install the application). I remembered that it could be possible, in the application itself, to create an external link to be shared with whoever we wanted to vote, through the browser of your mobile, desktop, etc. These results would return to application. It is possible? there is a way to do somehing like that without having to have a web server or something?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:24 PM

Sure.. you can use local storage on one single device if you are passing it around. A button to 'start rating'.. go through the ratings and click a 'save'. This brings you back to the 'start rating' screen. Repeat.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Chinga la migra
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:51 AM

will be necessary to have a server, a domain?

A server, yes. A domain, strictly speaking, is not necessary, though you'd need to have an IP address that you could point at your app.

You'd need at a minimum a way to process requests and a place to persist the data. So you could in principle have a minimal http server with one route, which would write a "vote" to a sqlite db on that server. You would need to expose that server to the public internet, and assuming nothing went wrong you would be able to pass around the urls for the different votes
(which might look like for example http://123.45.67.89/[contest_id]/[choice_id]). People could hit those urls and you could count the tallies by looking at your little toy db.
Assuming nothing went, ha ha, wrong.

The code for this would probably be a few dozen lines of flask, at most.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1