Prerequisite help

Want to check for DLLs on host machine before startup

Page 1 of 1

1 Replies - 2061 Views - Last Post: 11 January 2008 - 11:46 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Prerequisite help

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:18 PM

Hey everyone,
Let me start with a little bit of background.

I am creating a piece of software than can use two types of hardware. We will call each piece of hardware CARD1 and CARD2. CARD1 and CARD2 work to do the same thing, but use different DLLs to get the job done. However, it is likely my end user will only have CARD1 or CARD2, not both.

As two separate applications, it works fine to assume that the end user has the DLLs already installed on his or her computer. However, in this new application, I can't assume that because it is likely that they will be missing one DLL for a required CARD. Therefore, the application will fail to load.

Is there a way I can check for the DLLs for CARD1 and CARD2 and load my application such that the missing DLLs are not required or is this just silly? Thanks!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Prerequisite help

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Prerequisite help

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:46 PM

You could always search the Registry (if you know which hive to look in) or the System32 folder for the DLL names, (include both with your application) and if neither is found then register them using regsvr32 during the installation
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1