2 Replies - 960 Views - Last Post: 13 January 2008 - 07:27 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

posting javascript commands

Post icon  Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:34 PM

I am writing a we crawler to crawl through certain sites however on one of those site navigation to the next page of results is guided by a java script to command to go to page 2 is java script:__doPostBack('ctl00$Main$BaseResultsView$PagingTop','2') I have been looking all over to find out if it is possible for me to post this back to the website so I can get page 2. I have tried
http://www.targetsite.com/subsite/java script:__doPostBack('ctl00$Main$BaseResultsView$PagingTop','2')
and
http://www.targetsite.com/subsitejava script:__doPostBack('ctl00$Main$BaseResultsView$PagingTop','2')

but with no luck and my 600673 searches turn up with nothing, i'm not sure what to search for. Does anyone out there know how to do this?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: posting javascript commands

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: posting javascript commands

Posted 13 January 2008 - 02:14 PM

I dont think that is possible unless you create an instance of a browser. you would have to log in to the target site and then you could point the url of that browser object to java script:__doPostBack('ctl00$Main$BaseResultsView$PagingTop','2').
this could possibly work, but u would have to do all of your work from within the browser instance and it wouldnt really make sense.

Someonce correct me if im wrong. :unsure:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: posting javascript commands

Posted 13 January 2008 - 07:27 PM

That may work I'll give it a shot If anything else I can just make the browser not visible or extremely small.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1