• (3 Pages)
  • +

43 Replies - 1893 Views - Last Post: 12 February 2018 - 12:34 PM

• blow up my boots
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: What do you fear the most ?

Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:18 AM

As you are doing all the rights things then... don't worry about what you cannot change. The worrying itself is harmful. Practice not worrying.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:18 AM

Im joking, lol.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Engineering ● Software
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 January 2018 - 05:30 AM

The thread is not about worrying Andrew,

The thread is meant to be positive,

Its about recognising and confronting your fears,

perhaps you should play modi's video, it will give you some idea what the thread is about.

Its also about conscious self awareness, recognising your strengths, recognising your weaknesses.
Being consciously aware of your surroundings, who you are, where you have been and where you are going.

Skydiver i think also gets it, i have dreams like him which are about loss of self, so I certainly know where he is coming from.

Its positive to reflect on these things, it focuses the mind and raises your level of consciousness.

Yes it does touch on death, but as I say death is a part of life, it was never meant to be about being scared of bugs or heights.

I knew i would encounter some resistance to this thread, people generally do not like to reflect on who they are, who they have been and where they are going.

But i felt the fear and did it anyway....😊
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• NeoTifa Codebreaker, the Scourge of Devtester
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 January 2018 - 09:11 AM

I'm not confronting mine. If a cicada lands on me I will throw up, puke, then pass out and have a seizure, not necessarily in that order.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#35 baavgai  Icon User is online

• Dreaming Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 January 2018 - 09:50 AM

View Postsnoopy11, on 26 January 2018 - 02:56 AM, said:

But in the end dementia will catch up with me...

I'll admit, dementia is a concern. Though, as noted, ideally you'll be too far gone to care. That doesn't help those who have to deal with you, of course.

However, dementia won't necessarily get you. You seem to be doing the right stuff as insurance.

Fun fact: "around 80% of people with Alzheimer's disease also have some form of diabetes" -- https://www.scienced...60621112107.htm

Indeed some folks have taken to calling it Type 3 with research that supports the moniker: Alzheimer's Disease Is Type 3 Diabetes–Evidence Reviewed

This one is fairly personal. I recently went to the doc and he says: "You have an A1c of 10! You're a full blown uncontrolled type 2 diabetic. Let's talk drugs." This didn't come as a surprise: I'd been prediabetic for years.

"No interested. Give me a few months, " I sighed.

"Sure, you can loose some weight, but in the end you'll need drugs. We'll test again in 90 days," he says.

The science of the A1c test is kind of neat. The test is actually Hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) and is a measure of glucose stuck on red blood cells. It is often called an average of daily blood glucose, which is not entirely accurate but close enough. A red blood cell apparently has a life expectancy of 90 days, so after that time is consider a full reset. Mostly.

After 90 days, I show up at the doc 25 lbs lighter. "The weight loss is great, but we'll call you after the test." Test results come in. "Your A1c is... 5.7. Which is, um, amazing. Keep it up. We'll see you in 90 days."

So, yeah, I miss carbs, but I fear alzheimer's more. And all the other fun stuff high blood sugar can do to you.

Another fun fact, half of Americans have this issue and most don't know it: https://www.forbes.c...s/#3c3f5a0147bd

Oops, looks like this kind turned into a public service announcement. If anyone wants to talk diet, dementia, science, etc: start another thread, I guess.

Anyway, if you fear dementia, staying fit is a better choice than not.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Beginner
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:07 AM

View PostNeoTifa, on 26 January 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

I'm not confronting mine. If a cicada lands on me I will throw up, puke, then pass out and have a seizure, not necessarily in that order.

Go ahead and confront! This should help.

https://chirpschips.com/
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:33 AM

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• NeoTifa Codebreaker, the Scourge of Devtester
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:25 AM

I've got this genius idea for the next swarm (2021 I think?). I cut a mosquito net to size and drape it over an umbrella if I do have to leave the house. I will work from home as much as possible.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:31 PM

I say you get a flame thrower. If the swarms are as thick as I have seen them on tv, you will kill a ton of those critters with a flame thrower. Just torch the swarm. It will make you feel better. Now of course I don't know if that won't raise concerns for law enforcement, but at least you will be confronting your fear head on and cookin a bajillion of those things at the same time.

Heck, you could even scoop them up later and sell them to the Asian markets where they eat crispy bugs all the time.

:)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#40 baavgai  Icon User is online

• Dreaming Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:37 PM

So... NeoTifa's summer ensemble:

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 January 2018 - 07:15 PM

Just went back from 3rd police station. Was in 1st, then in 2nd, then in 3rd, lost 3 hours of my life, and walking back home from there (and its place where God said good night). As a witness, because of some stupid attack, drunken man attacked another drunken man (at the end i provided information where i didnt see first attack). And i feel like the last criminal. Im pretty sure policemans tries to write any kind of penalty to me for no reason or for helping them, because i dont lie (since i dont have anything from that chase), it was, i say what i saw, they say im lying, then wait 10min, and ask me again, or they are gonna keep me in for 24h, since i dont like to repeat myself, i didnt wanted to talk after the truth. Checking me on all kind of substances, taking my blood, testing me on alcohol, checking my pockets, including ass, while im totally clean in the past... Now i understand what ACAB really means. Again, pigs, as i said before. Pigs.

This post has been edited by Radius Nightly: 26 January 2018 - 07:20 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• blow up my boots
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 January 2018 - 01:40 AM

@Radius I think you are confusing your threads, this is not the tell me what ya up-to thread.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 January 2018 - 03:58 AM

No, but i got real fear of cops. :helpsmilie:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#44 8Bit Bob  Icon User is online

• New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:34 PM

Honestly, this might sound kind of weird, but computer viruses. I'm not quite sure why, but I think it has something to do with the fact that they breach your privacy. Also, the thought of some malicious code running on my computer is just freaky.

This post has been edited by 8Bit Bob: 12 February 2018 - 12:34 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (3 Pages)
  • +