17 Replies - 2603 Views - Last Post: 26 June 2009 - 06:07 AM

• g++ jameson.cpp -o beverage
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Good buy leechers!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:20 PM

View Postcalebj, on 27 Apr, 2009 - 11:29 AM, said:

i laughed pretty hard when i saw that.
but the cable providers where im from limit our download if they notice we are using bit torrent. They promise that we will reviece our high speed but we get throttled constantly down to 300 kb/s and thats not even when we use bit torrent. when being a pirate (arrrr) we get cut down to about 60kb/s
i want that open acces 25mb

comcast got into a lot of trouble in the states for pulling that crap and not telling their customers.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:42 PM

Wow. Internet throttling is SO not an issue in Canada (at least, as far as I've seen). We all have high speed internet and I'm pretty sure there's more bandwidth available than out entire population could ever hope to use :P I can't imagine why the American ISPs haven't kept up with the kind of service we have here. Maybe you should ask them :P
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:07 AM

View Postcaggles, on 15 May, 2009 - 12:42 PM, said:

Wow. Internet throttling is SO not an issue in Canada (at least, as far as I've seen). We all have high speed internet and I'm pretty sure there's more bandwidth available than out entire population could ever hope to use :P I can't imagine why the American ISPs haven't kept up with the kind of service we have here. Maybe you should ask them :P

Yeah why does Time Warner even feel like they need to make us pay for usage? That just means no more downloading any kind of big files, even if they're legit. Anyone ever downloaded the Trial versions of World of Warcraft or Lord of the Rings Online? Those are GB sized files.

And besides it's not like there isn't really enough bandwidth. The US doesn't rank very high in highest of high speed internets, mostly because our ISP's just don't want to give it to us, and would rather keep it for themselves. Look at Japan with their average internet connection of 40MBps in the average person's home. What do we have in America? A lot of people still use Dial-Up internet, and Time Warner's "RoadRunner Standard" is only 7MBps (Of which you can't fully utilize at any one time) Because they most I've ever been able to download a file at is the rate of 1 Megabyte per second, they just need to suck it up and take all of our 60 dollars a month and invest in better infrastructure. They're gonna have to do it eventually regardless. Because if they think Americans are going to get by with a 15MBps (The new RoadRunner Turbo, which still only ever gets to 12MBps or so for me) maximum connection forever, they got another thing coming.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +