2 Replies - 724 Views - Last Post: 02 February 2008 - 11:54 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

PHP x XML Server

Posted 02 February 2008 - 09:52 AM

I need to parse a xml data, by POST or GET method, to PHP script that to write data in xml file, in the local machine. What the smallest server I need? I don't want MySql, then I think that I don't need the entire PHP server + apache+ etc, etc... Is it true?

Thanks
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: PHP x XML Server

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: PHP x XML Server

Posted 02 February 2008 - 10:06 AM

Well, you'll need a server than will run PHP, more than likely Apache, but Windows can run PHP as well (hey what can I say, I'm a Windows man lol :P ).

The size of server you need really depends on the amount of traffic you expect, the size of the site, how far you plan on expanding the site in the future (database, etc.) and how fast you want your content served up to your users.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: PHP x XML Server

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:54 AM

View PostPsychoCoder, on 2 Feb, 2008 - 10:06 AM, said:

Well, you'll need a server than will run PHP, more than likely Apache, but Windows can run PHP as well (hey what can I say, I'm a Windows man lol :P ).

The size of server you need really depends on the amount of traffic you expect, the size of the site, how far you plan on expanding the site in the future (database, etc.) and how fast you want your content served up to your users.

I just want to write data from GET or POST method in a xml file, in local computer. If I just have IIS in the windows can I run a PHP script?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1