1 Replies - 3800 Views - Last Post: 14 February 2008 - 10:59 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Moving camera on a live space

Post icon  Posted 02 February 2008 - 02:34 PM

OK, so heres what Im trying to figure out how to do. If you look at the Tenacious D website, they have their site layed out so that every aspect of it is all on the screen at all times. The "camera" is just focused on one area at a time. When you click on a menu item, the camera pans over the "map" of the site to the location of that particular content area. If I was setting it up to move between items in a particular order, this would be easy. How can I make the camera move directly from one menu item to whichever one is clicked on like they do?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Moving camera on a live space

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Moving camera on a live space

Posted 14 February 2008 - 10:59 AM

View Posttheh1tman, on 2 Feb, 2008 - 02:34 PM, said:

OK, so heres what Im trying to figure out how to do. If you look at the Tenacious D website, they have their site layed out so that every aspect of it is all on the screen at all times. The "camera" is just focused on one area at a time. When you click on a menu item, the camera pans over the "map" of the site to the location of that particular content area. If I was setting it up to move between items in a particular order, this would be easy. How can I make the camera move directly from one menu item to whichever one is clicked on like they do?

I'm just learning action script, but couldn't you write a function that instead of following a path, makes its own, as in increment/decrements the x,y coordinates to take the camera focus directly to that location?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1