VS 2008 VBNET not responding

Page 1 of 1

1 Replies - 3018 Views - Last Post: 04 February 2008 - 09:46 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 February 2008 - 08:29 AM

Hi Anybody solved the problem with Visual Studio/Visual Basic .NET not responding?

I have a belt and braces view of PC security - security software and pull the plug on the internet.

The last option is the most secure. I notice that VB.Net hangs and goes 'Not Responding' if the internet is blocked.

Is I open the internet then I do not get this very much - but maybe MS site is overloaded - it still happens at times. I do not have WGA on my PC so its not that. I know opening the internet causes :
1. internet activity
2. THEN VB starts working.

Why all this activity? probably checking for updates, but I do not have a high spec computer so tend not to keep too many hungry applications open at one time and I am doing many things can this checking be reduced to say once a day and not every time opened?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: VS 2008 VBNET not responding

• Barbarbar
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: VS 2008 VBNET not responding

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:46 AM

Are you sure that it's not trying to open up the homepage when you load up Visual Studio?

Alternately, did you opt-in to the "customer experience" program? That one's probably going to be accessing the internet fairly frequently as well.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1