2 Replies - 18546 Views - Last Post: 05 February 2008 - 12:30 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Save and Close Button command code

Post icon  Posted 05 February 2008 - 11:23 AM

Does anyone know where I can find code to a Button that will Me.Close but before it does, save current changes? I googled the crap out of it and can't find it anywhere. I'm not asking you to write the code for me. I just want a push in the right direction. I am learning VB5 on my own accord and could use a little help. This should be a pretty general and easy code, I would think any way. Thanks.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1
  • +

Replies To: Save and Close Button command code

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Save and Close Button command code

Posted 05 February 2008 - 11:55 AM

First question, where are you saving it to? A database, if so which one are you using? To a text file, we need this kind of information to help you properly.

As far as saving the data (anywhere) you can research the Form_Close event, this is where you would put the code to save your data, then it will save it as the form is closing.

EDIT: VB5 is long gone, finding valid information on it will be difficult since its been out of circulation for many a year. You might want to look into VB.Net. Its a much better language, its Object Orientated, its just all around better, thats my 2 cents :)

This post has been edited by PsychoCoder: 05 February 2008 - 11:56 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Save and Close Button command code

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:30 PM

Thanks. I will look into VB.net I took a course last semester on programming and we used VB5 and the teacher SUCKED. I've taught myself more in the past week than I learned all of last semester. Not to mention the outdated program. The program is bound to an Access database.

also I actually use Visual Studio 2005... VB.net is part of that package is it not?

This post has been edited by GetThatFooty: 05 February 2008 - 12:42 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1