5 Replies - 9204 Views - Last Post: 03 August 2002 - 12:16 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Appointment Calendar Application

Posted 11 July 2002 - 02:59 PM

Hello everyone!

I have to write a program to implement an appointment calendar application which should set up appointments and display appointments.
I have to define 3 classes: AppointmentBook, Date, and Time. The AppointmentBook class should have an array of Date objects as its data member. Each Date class object should have an array of Time class object as its data member. This realistically models an appointment book that contains appointments for multiple dates, and on each date, appointments are scheduled at multiple times. The class members should be encapsulated and protected by making ONLY the interface functions public.
Define default constructors to initialize, the objects, and define the following interface member functions:

Class AppointmentBook:
- SetAppointment: This will allow the user to set up a new appointment
- ShowAppointments: This will allow the user to display all appointments scheduled for a particular date

Class Date:
- SetDate: This will allow the user to set up a new appointment date. If an appointment already exists on that date, then a new time must be recorded by invoking the appropriate Time member function, otherwise a new date and time must be recorded. You must test for conflicting appointments. In order to keep the program simple, assume each appointment will have a duration of 30 minutes.
- ShowDate: This will allow the user to display all appointments scheduled for a particular date. This is invoked by the ShowAppointments function

Class Time:
- SetTime: This will allow the user to set up a new appointment time on a particular date
- ShowTime: This will allow the user to display an appointment scheduled for a particular time. This is invoked by the ShowDate function

The program should handle 10 different dates, and 10 different appointment times for each date. In other words, define arrays of 10 date objects within the Appointment object and 10 time objects within each Date object.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I started working on the program but since I'm a beginner in programming I got stucked along the way.
Any help with this program would be appreciated!

Thanks a lot!

-f-

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1

Replies To: Appointment Calendar Application

• Lucky.Code
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Appointment Calendar Application

Posted 12 July 2002 - 06:51 AM

Hey welcome to dream in code.Could you please give us some code that might help us help you. basically show us what you got so far.

Also in the c++ section we have special rules. So could you pleas read theNew C++ Forum Policy

Thanx!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 August 2002 - 05:19 PM

If I read the rules of this forum, correctly, I'm not sure anyone will write the code for you. However, it does seem like you have an excellent grasp of what needs to be done. If you are implememnting an appointment calender, writing classes is a great start, but don't worry too much about arrays to hold the data. Since I assume you'll need to retrieve the data at a later date, you should be comparing data to, and writing data to, and retrieving data from a database. Classes are a great idea, implementing methods to write to the database after making sure the infoemation does not conflict with another appointment. Any database will do, and will eliminate the need for the dreaded global variables. Failing that, the information could be stored in a file. HTH! :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 August 2002 - 05:21 PM

If, however, you're looking to do the information all at once, it's really just a matter of private and public functions and data. Post what you've got, I'm sure we can give you a hand! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Lucky.Code
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 August 2002 - 06:13 PM

Amadeus, on Aug 2 2002, 06:19 PM, said:

If I read the rules of this forum, correctly, I'm not sure anyone will write the code for you.

looks like you read the rules perfectly. Good job helping out with problem!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 August 2002 - 12:16 AM

runtime error, on Aug 2 2002, 09:13 PM, said:

Amadeus, on Aug 2 2002, 06:19 PM, said:

If I read the rules of this forum, correctly, I'm not sure anyone will write the code for you.

looks like you read the rules perfectly. Good job helping out with problem!

Cool! I really like the way this forum is layed out. General algorithmic ideas, with a few well placed lines of code, really helps people more than just writing it for them. I love this damn site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1