1 Replies - 7803 Views - Last Post: 10 February 2008 - 02:35 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Adding a control to play a sound file on a web page

Post icon  Posted 10 February 2008 - 10:48 AM

Hi folks

I have a gridview control on a web page (aspx) that displays a list of sound files. there are a number of columns as follows:
  • Date
  • Author
  • Duration
  • FileName
  • Download Link

When I run it and right click on the download link & choose "Save Target as..." the usual dialog box pops up which is fine.

However, when I do a left click well the page navigates to the folder in question with the FileName.mp3, the only problem being is that the page is blank & no sound file plays.

I tried creating a new page & then insert a control on ther page to play the sound file. What I was hoping to do was find a control in VSE 2005 that I could insert (perhaps a scaled down version of Win Media Player as an activex control or some other control).

So, if there is anyway this can be done?

Kind regards

Ross

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Adding a control to play a sound file on a web page

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Adding a control to play a sound file on a web page

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:35 PM

View Postross_petersen, on 10 Feb, 2008 - 10:48 AM, said:

Hi folks

I have a gridview control on a web page (aspx) that displays a list of sound files. there are a number of columns as follows:
  • Date
  • Author
  • Duration
  • FileName
  • Download Link
When I run it and right click on the download link & choose "Save Target as..." the usual dialog box pops up which is fine.

However, when I do a left click well the page navigates to the folder in question with the FileName.mp3, the only problem being is that the page is blank & no sound file plays.

I tried creating a new page & then insert a control on ther page to play the sound file. What I was hoping to do was find a control in VSE 2005 that I could insert (perhaps a scaled down version of Win Media Player as an activex control or some other control).

So, if there is anyway this can be done?

Kind regards

Ross

try this

try this

<center><embed src="music.wav"
height="55" width="200" autostart=true repeat=true loop=true 
CONTROLS=smallconsole></embed></center>

it is quicktime.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1