4 Replies - 2412 Views - Last Post: 21 February 2008 - 12:54 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

My program gets "Not responding" on one pc

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:16 AM

Hello,
I wrote an application for my father's firm management. It should work on the manager of manufacturing's computer. We tried to installed it there but when I start the .exe, I automatically get not responding without seeing anything from my program. I get nervous and tried the program on other there computers and it run successfully without problems on three of them. I thought it was .NET Framework's problem, so I decided to create new application with just one "Form1" and to try to execute it on that computer. Unfortunately(I hoped it should me a problem of the Framework, but no), when I ran the .exe, it started successfully and the Form1 appeared. It is very strange because the application works on my computer and other three but not right on the place it should work. I am using the following libraries if matter: lexGrid, Adolic, ADOX, NeoDataType(for reports). Thanks to everyone who has patience to read all this and answer me. Have a nice day!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: My program gets "Not responding" on one pc

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: My program gets "Not responding" on one pc

Posted 13 February 2008 - 05:58 AM

Does the computer you're installing it on have the .Net Framework installed? If not, that has to be installed on any computer a .Net application is to run on.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dreaming Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 February 2008 - 06:18 AM

The most likely cause of "Not Responding" is that it's trying to load elements and object that are failing and it's waiting for the timeout. You list a whole lot of libraries and plugins that could be a point of failure.

One diagnostic solution would be to write a simple program that incorporated all those elements with a whole lot of try catch logic. The point of the program would be to show you what objects you could create and which ones you couldn't. You'd then know what the client needed installed.

Hope this helps.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 February 2008 - 11:07 AM

Yes, it has version 2.0 of the .NET Framework. I know this is not the problem, because I have tried the program on computer, which has only 1.1 installed and appropriate message "You should have .NET 2.0xxx in order to run this program" or something like this. The solution of writting second program is a good one somehow. But I am curious how it could work on four computer(one of my friends tried it) but not on this computer.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:54 AM

I am sorry, I haven't answered for a while. This is the exact situation:

Today, I found out that getting Not responding is a behaviour of .NET when there is an error. I was provoked by the fact that we had to reinstall Windows on one of the computers, where the program previously worked. After reinstallation, the result was not responding there too. I decided to install Visual Studio 2008 on this computer and try to repair the program on local level. First, there was a problem with a missing reference but I solved it. Now the error is much unknown for me, so I am asking you. The entire message is:

An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))

In fact, I made a simple test. When I put a form, which does not consist of a FlexGrid table as a Start Form, it runs successfully, without any errors. But when I put a form, containing FlexGrid, I get the error above. I am not sure what it is caused by, but I have to solve the problem quickly.

Thank you very much in advance for the help! Waiting for answers :).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1