4 Replies - 3369 Views - Last Post: 25 March 2008 - 06:47 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Error Executing Database Query

Post icon  Posted 21 February 2008 - 03:25 PM

I am an ex-coldfusion developer, now stay-at-home mom so I have no colleagues to run this by. For a personal project I found a "great" (as in cheap) Cold Fusion hosting service www.efree2net.com/ and I've had problem after problem. Unfortunately their support staff doesn't seem to speak english so I can't get from them what the problem is. The latest is the frequent "Error Executing Database Query" that I get when on my site. The site is: http://mycreativediv...ns.com/recipes/ and when not getting the error it seems to be working fine.

My question is, what does this error usually mean and is there anything I can do to make it go away? (BTW I don't actually have Cold Fusion software. I add CF code manually in Dreamweaver.) Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mary

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Error Executing Database Query

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Error Executing Database Query

Posted 21 February 2008 - 03:29 PM

Are there any details to the error? You can research the cferror tag and try emailing yourself when an error occurs. The email should contain information about the error:

http://www.adobe.com...ence/Tags16.htm
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:52 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I've got the error pages in place, now I'm just waiting for the problem to resurface.

Meanwhile I'm also trying to create a custom 404 error page. I've made the necessary changes to IIS but I am not running Cold Fusion on my machine (I'm using a Mac) so I can't make the necessary changes to the settings in the Cold Fusion Administrator. Is there a workaround for this? It's silly to have lovely <cferror> pages but the standard (ugly) 404 error page!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 23 February 2008 - 12:58 PM

View Postmbcocca, on 22 Feb, 2008 - 02:52 PM, said:

My question is, what does this error usually mean and is there anything I can do to make it go away?

Unless full debugging is enabled, you will only get a "teaser" about the error that occurred. It is usually disabled by default on production systems for security. So all you can tell from that message is that some type of db error occurred in the page you were viewing. Some options are to
a) add error handlers and mail yourself the message as suggested
b) enable debugging for your IP only. but that requires access to the CF Admin
c) Look in the logs. They usually contain more detail. By default the logs are in the_cf_root\logs directory.

If you do not have administrative access, then your best and possibly only option is A

This post has been edited by sansclue: 23 February 2008 - 12:59 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 March 2008 - 06:47 PM

If you find the error again, then post it here. With a shared server environment (as I assume you are utilizing) there are several errors that can occur, the main one being that the server is being rebooted or the database connection has dropped.

From your terse post, I would suggest it would be the database connection error so I would think having support confirm that you are on a shared server and at what times the DB server is being rebooted.

Other than that, the db server in a shared environment could be locked due to another's bad query code.

View Postmbcocca, on 21 Feb, 2008 - 03:25 PM, said:

I am an ex-coldfusion developer, now stay-at-home mom so I have no colleagues to run this by. For a personal project I found a "great" (as in cheap) Cold Fusion hosting service www.efree2net.com/ and I've had problem after problem. Unfortunately their support staff doesn't seem to speak english so I can't get from them what the problem is. The latest is the frequent "Error Executing Database Query" that I get when on my site. The site is: http://mycreativediv...ns.com/recipes/ and when not getting the error it seems to be working fine.

My question is, what does this error usually mean and is there anything I can do to make it go away? (BTW I don't actually have Cold Fusion software. I add CF code manually in Dreamweaver.) Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mary

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1