4 Replies - 438 Views - Last Post: 07 March 2008 - 11:25 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

INTRODUCTION

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:52 PM

Hello all. I am completely new to all of this. I was in such a rush yesterday, I never even introduced myself. I am a single mom, thirty-something and I am trying to obtain my Bachelor's Degree in IT/ISS. Information Systems Security. I am nearing the end of my Java class and I am finally reaching out for help. It has been kicking my butt.

I work for one of the largest LTL (less than truckload) carriers in the Northeast. I have been working there for just about 14 years now. I am a manager of the field, I just pretty much oversee what they do and let them know when they are doing something wrong. I also train the new billers and imaging personnel. I have worked alongside my IT department for quite some time. I test programs and let the programmers know what the program has to do, but I have never written or even seen their codes. I can just tell you which programs I know are related or have related fields because I use them and test them, regularly. I can take a machine apart and put it back together, I can load software, connect all the hardware and I can even set up a whole patch panel with hubs and modems, but I can't get this programming stuff.

I am looking forward to interacting with some really great people and learning all I can.

Thanks for reading. :-)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: INTRODUCTION

• Student of The Sun
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: INTRODUCTION

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:58 PM

Welcome to </dream.in.code> Have a great time here obtaining and increasing your Java knowledge.
Well, hardware assembly, software installation & testing are already in your bag, for everything else there is </dream.in.code> :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Student of Life
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:05 PM

Welcome to Dream in Code. We have lots of experts here to help. Look forward to seeing you around the forums.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:59 AM

Hello & Welcome to Dream.In.Code! Hope to see you around the forums.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 March 2008 - 11:25 AM

welcome abroad!!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -