php voice chat

I have done a chat script using ajax its working fine, now i need to i

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 21610 Views - Last Post: 08 January 2010 - 01:08 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

php voice chat

Posted 15 March 2008 - 04:22 AM

i just need an idea, not any code.I have done a chat script using ajax its working fine, now i need to integrate a voice chat module here, can anyone give me an idea about it ??? :^:

This post has been edited by samik: 15 March 2008 - 04:25 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: php voice chat

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: php voice chat

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:42 AM

and where does PHP comes into picture in the integration??
Please be more elaborative.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:48 AM

View Postsamik, on 15 Mar, 2008 - 03:22 AM, said:

i just need an idea, not any code.I have done a chat script using ajax its working fine, now i need to integrate a voice chat module here, can anyone give me an idea about it ??? :^:

hey samik..
can u tell me how u used multithreading in ajax chat..??i think multithreading is not possible in php..and real chat require two threads..listener and sender..so how did u implement it..?thanks in advance..cheers..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• R.I.P. ( Really Intelligent Person, right? )
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:08 PM

multi-threading is (as far as I know) not possible in php, but you can simulate it by sending lots and lots of requests to the server through AJAX and if something has been updated you return the new information from the server, it's not that very hard to do actually, you just have to realize how to do it! :)

When it comes to voice chat using PHP I think you would have to put the idea aside since PHP can't record any audio (or are we speaking different languages now? I translate voice chat to the type of chat where you actually speak into the microphone of your computer and the other person gets the audio?!)

If you want to make a real voice chat you would have to use flash or some other language that provides that functionality! :)

View Postvimalswaminarayan, on 8 Jan, 2010 - 08:48 PM, said:

hey samik..
can u tell me how u used multithreading in ajax chat..??i think multithreading is not possible in php..and real chat require two threads..listener and sender..so how did u implement it..?thanks in advance..cheers..

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1