Questions about the exam :)

Page 1 of 1

5 Replies - 2149 Views - Last Post: 17 April 2008 - 06:20 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Zend Certificated Engineer

Post icon  Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:44 AM

Hi.

Its been awhile since I've been to DIC :), been really busy, good to see everyone here again.
I've been studying ofcourse more php while I've been working with it in school and at home. I'm currently studying C++ for an exam coming in a month, but I want to get my Zend Certification sometime in May or June.

I had a few questions for those who already obtained this.

- First of all, is there any pre-test forms I have to fill? Or can I simply book an appointment at a testing center?
- What exactly to study? I got a few books I'm reading and memorizing a lot but I read a few places that you almost have to memorize everything in the php manual to pass, so is this true?.
- I know there are 70 questions and they are multiple choices and such but, what are the difficulty of the questions? I mean logic wise, are they tricking questions? math questions?
- What exactly do you need to know? They've stated what to study in the Zend website but my question is regarding What-To-Focus the most on, for example should I should functions, loops, data types, algorithms or etc..?

Zend Certification Requirments:
* PHP Certification: Why Certification; Exam Essentials; Questions and Strategies; Certification Topic Areas
* PHP Basics: Embedding PHP; Variables; Constants; Data Types; Strings; Type Conversions; Operators; Conditions; Loops
* Functions: Declaring Functions; Function Parameters; References; Variable Scope; Variable Functions
* Arrays: Creating, Filling, Splitting; Adding & Removing Elements; Looping; Checking for Values; Sorting; Comparing; Merging
* PHP and OOP: Classes; Properties; Methods; Objects; Static Properties Methods; Inheritance; Abstract Classes; Interfaces; Autoloading; Reflection
* Strings and RegEx Substrings; Comparing & Counting Strings; Phonetic Functions; Strings and Arrays; Formatted Output; RegEx Essentials
* PHP 4/5 Differences: Object-Oriented Programming; Other Areas
* Design and Theory: Active Record; Factory; Iterator; MVC; Proxy; Singleton
* Files, Streams, Networks: Resources; Output Files; R/W; File Operations; Wrappers; Streams
* Web Features: HTTP POST & GET; Accessing Form Data; File Uploads; Cookies
* XML and Web Services: XML; SOAP; WSDL; Create & Consume a Web Site; Debugging
* Databases: Keys; SQL; Sorting, Grouping, Joins
* Security: Rules; XSS; CSRF; Injections; Sessions; Secure Config; Uploads

- Is there any age limit to do the test?.

Thats all, if anyone can answer those I'd appreciate it :). And I'm going to be here more now that I have time to study and study online :)

-Thanks.

Edit: Since this made Featured I thought I'd edit and explain this cerfication a bit more.

Anyways, The Zend Certification is a PHP knowledge test, once you pass you officially are considered a php-developer and you'll have a diploma to prove it :).
You'll get the opportunity to jog down your name under the PHP Yellow pages, and you can get freelance jobs to make websites for companies or other users.

I've located my testing center in Edmonton from http://www.vue.com/zend/.
There are fees to take the test, I think its $125 to do the test and there are other training manuals and books with variety of prices.

If you understand php very well then why not take this test? it will be great to put in a resume/application as well.

more info: http://www.zend.com/.../certification/

This post has been edited by _net: 17 March 2008 - 05:08 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Zend Certificated Engineer

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Zend Certificated Engineer

Posted 17 March 2008 - 12:58 PM

I've not done it myself, so sorry, no help here. Too bad cyberscribe was not still around. In addition to being one of the strongest PHP coders I've come across, he also went through the Zend certification process.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:01 PM

Thats fine, atleast you replied :).
I am sure there are some certified users around; this place has a lot of amazing programmers.

:)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:20 PM

I am also thinking of getting this certification but after seeing the requirements list, I think I still have a bit to go :P

You can get study books on amazon.com

http://www.amazon.co...t...7747&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.co...-...7747&sr=8-1

Hope this helps :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dirty Technophile
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:52 AM

Although this is PHP related I'm going to move this over to Corner Cubicle for discussion.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 April 2008 - 06:20 AM

http://www.zend.com/...est.php?begin=1 Here's a small pretest.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1