VB and databases

pulling data from database using VB

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 1983 Views - Last Post: 18 March 2008 - 10:22 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

VB and databases

Post icon  Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:24 AM

Just beginning an Endowment Management System for my university. We simply have to make a program that keeps track of all endowment or scholarship transactions. Our professor insists we research pulling data from a database using VB. I figure, what better way to research than ask professionals. Do you have any online resources that would assist me in developing this aspect of the program? Also, our university only uses Access and Microsoft SQL server 2005, if that makes a difference

If anyone has any resources, or just knows a lot about using databases in VB, keep in touch. I will check back frequently.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: VB and databases

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Re: VB and databases

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:51 AM

google knows a ton of vb.net/sql tutorials. i would suggest asking google cause i know you will find what ur looking for there. if you have problems then come here and i would be happy to help. but you have to get yourself started first. using vb makes database usage incredibly easy, and there are countless resources out there
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: VB and databases

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:22 AM

Are you using Visual Basic 6, or some other version of Visual Basic? The answer to that question will drastically change your choices :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1