9 Replies - 10419 Views - Last Post: 27 September 2007 - 12:04 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Chat App In Cfml

Posted 15 August 2002 - 11:14 PM

Here is a chat room I made with ColdFusion. Let me know what you think and if you have any problems with it.

http://www.infidesign.com/chat

so say hi if I'm there
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Chat App In Cfml

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Chat App In Cfml

Posted 17 August 2002 - 07:04 AM

Runs well. Make sure you replace and escape symbols such as < > " & with HTMLCodeFormat or a regular expression. When I submit the message:

<span class="smallbold" style="color: #990400">resonance: asdfs/td></tr>/td></tr></td></tr>

it bring interesting results.

Also, there was a problem with your session variable. Let me paste you the error page:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error Occurred While Processing Request
Error Diagnostic Information

An error occurred while evaluating the expression:

#session.Username#

Error near line 23, column 21.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error resolving parameter SESSION.USERNAME

The session variable USERNAME does not exist. The cause of this error is very likely one of the following things:

The name of the session variable has been misspelled.
The session variable has not yet been created.
The session variable has timed out.

The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of (#session.Username#), occupying document position (23:20) to (23:37).

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 04 September 2002 - 03:40 AM

Oh geez, I didn't realize anyone replied. Thanks for the comment! I actually just kind of threw it together to chat with family. If it were for something important I would definitely make it water tight.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 September 2002 - 10:55 PM

Yeah, I tend to check several ColdFusion forums, and this site's CF section seems kinda dead. :P I get the feeling that the community of this site is more on the open source side than commercial. Just compare the number of posts in the C++, PHP, CGI which tend to be open source against ASP.NET, ColdFusion and Java, which are more business and commercial biased.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 skyhawk133  Icon User is online

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 September 2002 - 11:02 PM

Resonance, on Sep 4 2002, 11:55 PM, said:

Yeah, I tend to check several ColdFusion forums, and this site's CF section seems kinda dead. :P I get the feeling that the community of this site is more on the open source side than commercial. Just compare the number of posts in the C++, PHP, CGI which tend to be open source against ASP.NET, ColdFusion and Java, which are more business and commercial biased.

The coldfusion forum is new to the dream.in.code family of languages... it will grow slowly... yes our open source forums are much more popular, but hopefully we can get people interested in coldfusion as well as the other languages. I know I personally have become interested in C++, Java, ASP and VB just by running this site and seeing what everyone has to say about the languages... all the forums here started with 0 posts :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 September 2002 - 07:39 PM

Ah I see. Well, glad to be of service. I hope this section eventually grows as the others. ColdFusion is a great product that too many bash on it out of ignorance and fear of liking it because they're afraid of going against the community of traditional programmers (C/C++, Perl, Python). I've been in that community myself, have tried ColdFusion, and certainly impressed at what it can do right out of the package.

Anyways, I hope this section grows. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 1

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 09 September 2002 - 12:40 AM

Resonance, on Sep 7 2002, 10:39 PM, said:

Anyways, I hope this section grows. :)

Yeah, me too! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 April 2004 - 07:19 AM

All it will take is for a few of us CFBangers to start playing ping-pong with our code and soon others will see our wisdom and partake. :alien:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#9 skyhawk133  Icon User is online

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 April 2004 - 05:30 PM

My job is 90% coldfusion... I'd share some of the code up here, but much of it is Contractor/Government Proprietary. But I'm definitley here to answer questions when it comes to server setup and configuration, and of course complex code issues. We deal with a LOT where I work... the government has a lovely way of having people come up with these grand ideas... but they never consult the people that actually make the stuff to see if it's possible, fortunatley, it's always possible, just takes a few months some times ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 27 September 2007 - 12:04 PM

Hi guys,

I haven't been on these forums for a long time, but I received emails from two different people with questions about this script. That's pretty crazy because it's 5 years old!

Anyway, I'll post the same thing I told them... I went back and looked at the code and it was actually based on a free script I found here:

http://www.cfmcentra...m?Script_ID=129

I think most of the changes I made were to the front-end, so that should give you all the backend code to duplicate the application.

PS - Nothing against these forums, they are great! I just got busy with work and life and something had to go :)
Was This Post Helpful? 1

Page 1 of 1