I'd recently put together a database for somebody in MS Access 2003. Part of the front end had a form with a button the user could click to open up a dialog box. I achieved this using code I've shown below....
Dim fDialog As Office.FileDialog
Dim pDialog As Office.FileDialog
Set fDialog = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFilePicker)
It was all pretty easy for me to do and worked fine. I've now realised though, that it doesn't work on Access 2000 and earlier, and the only way to do it is through activex controls.
I've go no idea how to do it, and have looked around online, but just don't know where to start.
Can anyone help? All I really need to be able to do is select files on the user's computer via form based front end witha dialog box.
- Caffeine Lounge
- Corner Cubicle
- Student Campus
- Software Development
- Industry News
- Introduce Yourself
- C and C++
- .NET Framework
- Other Languages
- Game Development
- Mobile Development
- 52 Weeks Of Code
- Web Development
- HTML & CSS
- Graphic Design
- Flash & ActionScript
- SEO & Advertising
- Web Servers & Hosting
- Site Check
Follow & Share
- Reading a file into two arrays using C
- Using Excel with Visual Basic 6!
- List Files by User-Defined Extensions
- Sending Data From MSFlexGrid To Excel in VB6
- Send Data To Excel Using VB6
- Folder Hider
- Masked Edit Control VB6
- Create own User control - Basic Steps.
- Editing MSFlexGrid by users
- Very simple updater
- 63 More VB Tutorials...
- Reading a Text file Line by Line
- Open & Saving .txt files
- Shutdown Computer from VB
- Starting an *.exe file from VB6 code
- RoundUp and RoundDown functions in VB 6.0
- Analog Clock
- Decimal to Binary
- Open/Close your CD-Drive.
- Open/Close your CD-Drive door.
- 239 More VB Snippets...