I wanted to share some files I received from my career services department at school.
A resume should:
* Be truthful and accurate
* Be presented in reverse chronological order
* Highlight significant accomplishments
* Be error free (have someone else proof read it and use spell check)
* Be presented in an easy-to-read and consistent format
* Utilize bullet points
* Be geared toward a specific position
* Include results that can be measured or quantified
A resume should not include:
* Misrepresentations (never lie or exaggerate)
* Personal information (i.e. height, weight, marital status, etc.)
* Misspelled words or errors in grammar and/or punctuation (use spell check)
* Salary information
* Reasons for leaving previous jobs
* Reference information ( it is assumed that you will provide references when asked)
* Employer addresses (city and state are sufficient)
* Photos or fancy designs
Seth, I LOVE your resume format. I would use it myself, that's one of the best ones I've seen! One suggestion I might make is that you might want to put the newer stuff first and go backward for education and experience. Then they see the better/most recent/relevant things first. It's an awesome format, though.
Been awhile. Just thought I'd post an updated resume. This one's tailored to an application at Zynga, the ones who make Mafia Wars and Farmville and such. Also applying to Lockheed Martin's media department in the next day or two.