5 Replies - 6108 Views - Last Post: 04 April 2008 - 03:03 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Best java program?

Post icon  Posted 03 April 2008 - 07:22 PM

Ok i wanna know what do you think is best for Java and beginners On youtube I've seen people use note pad and that was pretty simple and looked good but he msut have had another program cause I did what he did and got nothin and I've heard good workd on eclipse and J creation so waht do you people think is better and what that other program might have been

Thank you for your help and time
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Best java program?

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Best java program?

Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:07 PM

The best is what you are most comfortable with. We have had tons of threads where we talk about what we use for coding and what we think the best is... the fact is that we end up just settling on everyone has their own style.

Go with what you know and makes the sense to you. If you need more powerful software, then you can just move to another one until you find one that works for you.

:)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g++ jameson.cpp -o beverage
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:07 PM

I don't care for notepad. Unless of course I am writing a note and need a pad to do so.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:54 AM

This may sound like a dumb question, but do you have the JDK (Java Developer's Kit) installed? You'll keep getting nothing, even with an IDE, if a JDK is not installed.

As far as IDEs go, I've used NetBeans (good for GUI applications) Eclipse (all around good editor) and JCreator (on my flash drive because it's small). Any are good, but I recommend Eclipse.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:07 PM

Yea i got jdk unless my computer was being stupid and said it installed it but really didnt and eclipse hmm ill try it out see what I feel good with ok thanks again everyone
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:03 PM

My personal favorite is eclipse, really easy to use, and i havnt had any problems with it.
but thats only beause i have never tried netbeens, when i was getting into IDE's it seemed Eclipse was best, but i think netbeens has come along way.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1