how to install VB.net??

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 5905 Views - Last Post: 01 March 2009 - 10:21 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Install the VB.net?

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:51 AM

hi guyz! i'm a beginner in VB.net.
Yesterday I bought How to work with VB.net. Thee are CD about installer etc in taht book, but when I want to install the VB.net from that CD, I can't.. it said I should to install framework from the internet. I have install the framework, but when I want to install the VB.net, it still said that i should install the framework. I'm so confuse. so i hope all o you who read this post can help me.. actually,i want to install this VB.net because i want to learn about this compiler more.. if there one of u can help me, please help me. thank u very much..

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Install the VB.net?

• Barbarbar
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Install the VB.net?

Posted 04 April 2008 - 07:03 AM

You need to install the ASP.Net 2.0 framework - or 3.5, if you want to be on the bleeding edge.

Once that's finished, you'll need to install an editor(which is likely what came on your CD) - if you don't want to use the one you were supplied with, you could also try out Visual Studio Express, or Visual Basic.Net Express - they're both downloadable off of the Microsoft website.

I am not entirely sure whether the framework is a separate download or not - it may be installed when you first install the editor as well.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 April 2008 - 07:59 PM

google for the 2008 Visual studio express edition of VB .net and it has everything you need. just install that
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:21 PM

View PostiCha, on 4 Apr, 2008 - 05:51 AM, said:

hi guyz! i'm a beginner in VB.net.
Yesterday I bought How to work with VB.net. Thee are CD about installer etc in taht book, but when I want to install the VB.net from that CD, I can't.. it said I should to install framework from the internet. I have install the framework, but when I want to install the VB.net, it still said that i should install the framework. I'm so confuse. so i hope all o you who read this post can help me.. actually,i want to install this VB.net because i want to learn about this compiler more.. if there one of u can help me, please help me. thank u very much..

>>Maybe this is the problem..There are different type of framework. Try ro download another version of Framework different from the one the you already installed..just try...and favor..can i have a copy of your vb.net installer.please..thanks in advance..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1