3 Replies - 1544 Views - Last Post: 10 September 2002 - 06:27 AM

• Pirate Medic
  • member icon

• View blog

What Software Do You Use

Posted 29 August 2002 - 09:03 AM

What Software do you use and How would you rate it for ease of use and abilitys

I Use Fruity loops good loops lots of add ins available and a logical interface
and I have messed around with cakewalk groove maker ( I didnt like it ) just jacked up you Have 8 "songs" each with about 40 loops no customization and a whacked interface this circle thingy ( I guess I am More Linear)

Carl
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: What Software Do You Use

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: What Software Do You Use

Posted 09 September 2002 - 07:34 PM

Fruity Loops is a good program to start creating music with samples. It has a nice library of samples and good percussion samples, which I like. This is an all purpose program to start creating digital music.

I'm more into Techno/Dance/Trance music, so I prefer using E-Jay or ReBirth. E-Jay is good for mixing songs on the fly and can deliver nicely - I think the samples that come with E-Jay are a lot better than FruityLoops. Also E-Jay, I think, is one of the easiest mixing programs to use; more basic then Acid. ReBirth is overall awesome for creating that acid sound you find in a lot of party/techno songs. The only drawback for ReBirth is that it's not as intuitive to use at first and may be daunting to beginners.

For Midi, I use Noteworthy composer and an old program called music@passport. To make the sound a little more realistic, I use wavetable synth called wingroove, which I think takes the cake compared to a lot more expensive ones out there.

Of course good ol' SoundForge is always running in the background for quick editing, enhancing, and finetuning.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Innocent Shall Suffer, Big Time
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 September 2002 - 08:46 PM

I use Premire 6, for editing, it runs fairly fast in final rendering on my windows XP machine, i usually get render of ~30fps on an MPEG layer 4 v2 job, what i mostly use it for is making tv episodes into .wmv and burn them to cd, i can get awsome quality 2 hour video, at 320x240 onto a 700 mb CDR, with audio at 44000 hz

and for my job i have to do audio editing/ encodeing, i use nero 5.5's handy little wav editor to edit, and convert to.MP3, im much to lazy to get soundforge, but i probly will quite soon,

Premire Is really easy to use if you just need to do simple cuts and dissovles between pieces, it has an audio rubberband tool for fading in and out audio, but its special effects capaiblites, and 3d dissolves are a bit lacking on my windows verion, but for what i do it gets the job done, and episodes i've been encodeing in mpeg layer 4, have better quality, and are comperable in size to stuff i've seen in DIVX of the same content, and mpeg layer 4 is on the microsoft codec server, i can watch them whereever there is a computer that has the internet
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 September 2002 - 06:27 AM

I use fruityloops too, im currently trying to get my head round Cubase SX 1.03 with reason 1.01, The usability is very low compared to FLP, but i suppose its just more compilcated as its a more powerful application.
As for wave editing i use Cooldedit Pro v2 does the job perfectly everytime :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1