Roach virus

Roach Virus

Page 1 of 1

4 Replies - 3497 Views - Last Post: 19 May 2008 - 08:13 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Roach virus

Post icon  Posted 14 April 2008 - 03:14 PM

I'm not sure if I'm at the right place but my daughter is desperate. Her computer only displays roaches scrambling on her screen. Not sure if she had virus updated protection. She purchased Norton anti virus but can not get it to load. Can someone steer me in right direction? Sorry if I'm in wrong location.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Roach virus

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Roach virus

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:04 PM

First of all are we ABSOLUTELY sure this isn't a screen saver of some kind? I see no record of such a virus in any databases or websites which describe such behavior. However there are screensavers that do this.

Best course of action...

1. Restart the computer in safe mode
2. If you can download an anti-virus package that WORKS (You could try online anti-virus checkers like Trend Micro)
3. Run the anti-virus, see if it picks up any virus. eliminate them.
4. Restart the computer in normal mode again and see if the problem persists.

Give those a try. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:52 PM

If you are having trouble getting Norton to start, try downloading a free antivirus like Avast. Don't just settle for having nothing.

Also, it doesn't sound like a typical virus to me. Click on start, select run & type in taskmgr. Look for any process that might have screen srn scr, or Roach in the name. & then kill that process. If that doesn't fix the issue, then post back with more details about the computer, such as the Operating System.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:54 AM

There is actually animated gifs that have spiders and bugs of all sorts scrambling across the screen. More than likely it is a screen saver of some sort.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:13 AM

This is a virus. I have been struck also, and am trying to figure out what to do about it now. I am not able to do anything on my computer, no files open up. (I am on my laptop now) It started with my screensaver disappearing and a blue screen that said something to the extent of "you have spyware/virus on your computer. You need to run a virus protection program" then it seems to go through cycles. now the screen is solid blue with roaches running across it. Any help or suggestions? I did find some info just doing basic searches in google.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1