Run video file at one monitor of the dual monitors system

How to do it? I just tired to find out :(

Page 1 of 1

5 Replies - 1046 Views - Last Post: 19 April 2008 - 11:15 AM Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_AvalonbI4*

Run video file at one monitor of the dual monitors system

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:07 PM

Hi 2 All. Please help me to solve the problem.
I have got dual monitor system. Its a PC with 2 videocards and each videoadapter have a monitor connected to it. The first monitor is a ordinary PC monitor and the second is big board monitor. The problem is I need a way when video file must be played only on the one monitor on the second or on the first. So user selects monitor from the list and video file will be played on selected monitor. The another monitor must save state and user can work with it as usual.
Please help me. Thanx.

This post has been edited by AvalonbI4: 17 April 2008 - 12:53 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0

Replies To: Run video file at one monitor of the dual monitors system

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Run video file at one monitor of the dual monitors system

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:42 PM

Usually video players automatically go full screen on whatever screen the player window is on.

What happens right now when you try? Are you just playing a normal movie file in Windows Media Player or something?

Per
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 Guest_AvalonbI4*

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:22 PM

pertheusual
The problem not in play movie file.
I am creating an C++ application which managed dual monitors system.
So please imagine you are sitting at your desk and an ordinary monitor behind your face. And on the wall of your room a big board is placed. So then you are launching an application and see application window on your ordinary monitor. So now you press smth button in this app and you can see a movie file which palying on big board monitor. But!
You have ability to work and do what you want at your desk using your ordinary monitor. So you are playing counter-strike (using ordinary monitor) f.e. and watching a movie on big board monitor at the same time. I am tired to find solution for this problem. So I am really hope this forum can help me. I need a WINAPI sample or advices how to use it in my program. Its not program for my stuff I need it at work and therefore I really hope you will help me. Thanx.
Was This Post Helpful? 0

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:58 PM

Ahh, I see. Sorry, I don't know enough about the APIs for C++ yet. Is this on Windows?

I also think you are be underestimating how complicated this might be. You'll also need to integrate code for decoding the video files as well.
I think what you are looking for is called a video overlay(to get it fullscreen), so you might Google around for that in Directx or Opengl too. I believe when you create rendering surfaces, you specify which screen to render onto....

Anyone else, please feel free to correct me. I'm still just learning OpenGL basics and I don't know much about Directx at all.

Another possibility(maybe) is interfacing with VLC. I think their code has prebuilt modules for creating+controlling video stream displays....Maybe..
That would depend on what you're using the code for.

Either way, I can't really provide snippets. What you've asked is a bit too complex for an easy solution.

Good Luck.

Per
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 Guest_AvalonbI4*

Posted 18 April 2008 - 02:50 AM

Ok thank you for support but may be you will give me a list of the players which have ability to manipulate output monitors. It would be great if this players will be free and open source. Simply I have got an idea to use smth player instead writing code. Thank you very much
Was This Post Helpful? 0

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 April 2008 - 11:15 AM

You might consider libVLC. I haven't used it at all and I don't know anything about licensing, so you'll have to look into it.

I know in Linux it is possible to specifically tell VLC which screen to go fullscreen on, but I don't know if that is true for windows.

http://wiki.videolan...velopers_Corner
They have a "Build an application on VLC" section that might get you started.

Good luck. I was just reading up on VLC a tiny bit a few weeks ago so I don't know much more than that.

Per
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1