How to call a form located in folder B using the form located in folde

Page 1 of 1

4 Replies - 23385 Views - Last Post: 05 July 2011 - 08:25 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Combining Multiple Projects into a single one in VB.Net

Posted 19 April 2008 - 01:19 AM

Hia Everybody,

I am new to VB.Net [even to programming]. I am working on my Final year project in VB.Net and am facing the following problem:

I originally developed a simple application software [VB.Net + MS Access] (Lets call this project A) but now I want to include more functionality in it. I have an encryption/decryption software utility (Lets call this project B ) and a Text to speech generation utility(Lets call this project C) . That is, I want to add Projects B and C to project A. [Such that clicking on the main form of project A calls a form from project B or C as desired].

In solution explorer, I right clicked----->Add Existing Project----->and added both the above mentioned projects 1 by 1. (Added B and C to the solution explorer with the already present A).

BUT.....As the application software's (Project A's) main form is the main form of my project, I want to have a menu option on the main form (Of Project A) so that a user could click on one of the menu options and the main form of my other projects ( Project B or Project C or Encrypt/Decrypt or Voice Generation) should open by him doing so. To this effect, I tried the following:

1. I dragged the form simply from one of the projects (From B or C ) into the folder of my Application Software (Project A).......This generated a lot of Build errors and the Voice Generation utility (Prj. C) would not work like this.

2. Tried to reference a dll, however the authors of Projects B and C did not include a dll in their projects.

3. Now I came to know that to call a form residing in another project folder or even another folder within the same project, you have to give a path for the form. HOW DO WE DO THIS?

As you can understand, I cannot copy the entire code of the 3 projects here....I will try attaching my project here though....

Here it is: http://rapidshare.co...MY_Prj.zip.html
[Dear Administrator: The downloading option on the webpage does not allow files bigger than I mb, thts why I used an external link]

As I said, in the application, Project A is TMS.NET ; Project B is EncryptFile and Project is C.

Note: I encountered a problem while adding project C [spoken word], so the project contains only projects B and A. I will try to attach project C seperately.

That is, TMS contains proj A+B and Speech contains C.

Your generous help is expected and I would be extremely grateful for the same.

Thanks,

Rohit

This post has been edited by Rohit Verma: 19 April 2008 - 01:23 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1

Replies To: Combining Multiple Projects into a single one in VB.Net

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Combining Multiple Projects into a single one in VB.Net

Posted 20 April 2008 - 12:14 AM

Kindly Reply Guys.........I need your URGENT help here....Have to submit my project Next Week
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 Guest_Ruben*

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:50 AM

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. Want to know if you found a solution for this problem.

Please reply to pililo777 @ gmail dot com
thanks.

Ruben.

View PostRohit Verma, on 19 April 2008 - 12:19 AM, said:

Hia Everybody,

I am new to VB.Net [even to programming]. I am working on my Final year project in VB.Net and am facing the following problem:

I originally developed a simple application software [VB.Net + MS Access] (Lets call this project A) but now I want to include more functionality in it. I have an encryption/decryption software utility (Lets call this project B ) and a Text to speech generation utility(Lets call this project C) . That is, I want to add Projects B and C to project A. [Such that clicking on the main form of project A calls a form from project B or C as desired].

In solution explorer, I right clicked----->Add Existing Project----->and added both the above mentioned projects 1 by 1. (Added B and C to the solution explorer with the already present A).

BUT.....As the application software's (Project A's) main form is the main form of my project, I want to have a menu option on the main form (Of Project A) so that a user could click on one of the menu options and the main form of my other projects ( Project B or Project C or Encrypt/Decrypt or Voice Generation) should open by him doing so. To this effect, I tried the following:

1. I dragged the form simply from one of the projects (From B or C ) into the folder of my Application Software (Project A).......This generated a lot of Build errors and the Voice Generation utility (Prj. C) would not work like this.

2. Tried to reference a dll, however the authors of Projects B and C did not include a dll in their projects.

3. Now I came to know that to call a form residing in another project folder or even another folder within the same project, you have to give a path for the form. HOW DO WE DO THIS?

As you can understand, I cannot copy the entire code of the 3 projects here....I will try attaching my project here though....

Here it is: http://rapidshare.co...MY_Prj.zip.html
[Dear Administrator: The downloading option on the webpage does not allow files bigger than I mb, thts why I used an external link]

As I said, in the application, Project A is TMS.NET ; Project B is EncryptFile and Project is C.

Note: I encountered a problem while adding project C [spoken word], so the project contains only projects B and A. I will try to attach project C seperately.

That is, TMS contains proj A+B and Speech contains C.

Your generous help is expected and I would be extremely grateful for the same.

Thanks,

Rohit

Was This Post Helpful? 0

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:35 AM

hey rohit
it's very easy...but i had to do a lot of hit and trial for this since there were no ans available anywhere. so here goes for you..
in project c
project > add reference > projects > project a

project > add reference > projects > project b

then under the code of the link for project a you write
shell("a")

similarly for project b.

this will combine all ur projects in one and also enable u to open them by hitting on a link, label or button etc.
then u just publish ur project c on completeion and thats that
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Peasant
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:25 AM

View Postbuddingprog, on 05 July 2011 - 06:35 AM, said:

hey rohit
it's very easy...but i had to do a lot of hit and trial for this since there were no ans available anywhere. so here goes for you..
in project c
project > add reference > projects > project a

project > add reference > projects > project b

then under the code of the link for project a you write
shell("a")

similarly for project b.

this will combine all ur projects in one and also enable u to open them by hitting on a link, label or button etc.
then u just publish ur project c on completeion and thats that

You could also just build those applications, and then shell their corresponding executables, but you would probably have to include those in your final project build manually, and that wouldn't be very much fun. :)

Or

You could also just add a new form, all the controls needed, basically rebuild your other projects in your current one. Copy and paste friend, it works wonders! :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1