Sequential Files

How do I go about creating this?

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 6954 Views - Last Post: 20 April 2008 - 07:31 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Sequential Files

Post icon  Posted 20 April 2008 - 05:59 PM

This is what I have to create, a C++ console application that analyzes the contents of a text file.

Your program should count the number of:
lines (hint: use getline)
words (hint: count the spaces)
letters (hint: remember character arrays?)
punctuation marks (period, comma, and semicolons).

Displays that data in a table.

Now my question is how exactly would I go about doing this? Right now I am learning how to do sequential files. Any help on how to go about this is much appreciated, so I at least have a general understanding on how to get this started.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Sequential Files

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Sequential Files

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:20 PM

View PostEntropicvamp, on 20 Apr, 2008 - 05:59 PM, said:

This is what I have to create, a C++ console application that analyzes the contents of a text file.

Now my question is how exactly would I go about doing this? Right now I am learning how to do sequential files. Any help on how to go about this is much appreciated, so I at least have a general understanding on how to get this started.

Obviously you go to DeVry you are probably in my class have you gotten any help on this subject I would love the help as well, post the code if you can
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:26 PM

View PostMslMnMike22, on 20 Apr, 2008 - 07:20 PM, said:

Obviously you go to DeVry you are probably in my class have you gotten any help on this subject I would love the help as well, post the code if you can

I haven't received any help yet, and yes I do go to DeVry as well, some of the programming I understand but this one is a major pain, even after reading up on it I am still trying to figure how to go about on this. If I can get anymore help about this, I'll let you know on it.

This post has been edited by Entropicvamp: 20 April 2008 - 07:28 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:31 PM

View PostEntropicvamp, on 20 Apr, 2008 - 07:26 PM, said:

View PostMslMnMike22, on 20 Apr, 2008 - 07:20 PM, said:

I haven't received any help yet, and yes I do go to DeVry as well, some of the programming I understand but this one is a major pain, even after reading up on it I am still trying to figure how to go about on this. If I can get anymore help about this, I'll let you know on it.

Are you also doing the exercise with the address cause I can't figure that one out at all either. Any help would be great.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1