7 Replies - 749 Views - Last Post: 26 April 2008 - 03:58 PM

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Player not working

Posted 26 April 2008 - 01:46 PM

Okay easiest way to describe my problem is this, its not working, can anybody help me out please ive been stuck on this for the last week.
function play_movie($movie_file)
{
$movie = 'video/'.$movie_file;
$seperate = explode(".", $movie_file);
$movie_swf = 'video/'.$seperate[0].'.swf';
echo $movie_swf;

$play='	
	<OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
	codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0"
	WIDTH="360" HEIGHT="240" id="<? echo $seperate[0];?>"><PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="<? echo $movie_swf?>"><PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high><PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#FFFFFF><EMBED src="<?echo $movie_swf?>" quality=high bgcolor=#FFFFFF WIDTH="360" HEIGHT="240"
	NAME="<? echo $movie_swf?>" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash"
	PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED>
	</OBJECT>
	';
echo $play;
$file = 'video/'.$seperate[0].'.mov';

}

Basically $movie_file gets passed in along the lines of this: name.flv and from their it should play, i do get a white box that show the browsers recognizes flash player. but it doesnt play anything. Thank you.

Actually i was attempting to make one swf that plays all of the files but it wouldnt work so i just published one seperate from flash.

This post has been edited by musya: 26 April 2008 - 01:47 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Player not working

• Barbarbar
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Player not working

Posted 26 April 2008 - 02:57 PM

Are you sure that the file exists?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:02 PM

View Postgirasquid, on 26 Apr, 2008 - 02:57 PM, said:

Are you sure that the file exists?

Yes, the way that my script works is that the contents of the directory which is the movie files is being generated dynamically, so when i click on the name it passes that file name to the function. so it has to exist, and plus i echo'd it just to check and i know its in the ftp folder. Im sure if i can get this one to work then i can get the general swf to work as well.

This post has been edited by musya: 26 April 2008 - 03:03 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Barbarbar
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:12 PM

I don't mean to sound repetitious, but are you absolutely sure it exists? If you're getting the white box but nothing is showing up, the two possibilities I'm aware of are that the file doesn't exist, or the SWF is corrupt and unreadable. Try using Firebug to see if the file is being pulled back properly.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:29 PM

View Postgirasquid, on 26 Apr, 2008 - 03:12 PM, said:

I don't mean to sound repetitious, but are you absolutely sure it exists? If you're getting the white box but nothing is showing up, the two possibilities I'm aware of are that the file doesn't exist, or the SWF is corrupt and unreadable. Try using Firebug to see if the file is being pulled back properly.

Yes it exists, and when i open up the html file that is generated by flash when you publish it plays perfectly fine.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:36 PM

Okay i figured out why it was showing white, and that was because i forgot to put the swf and the skin into the folder that i was pulling from, but now it just shows a small image of the skin and the rest is white, if i go directly to the skin then it plays it but not in the page i need to to, not in my embed.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Barbarbar
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:50 PM

Take a look under Firebug, and make sure that the SWF is being pulled back properly - not throwing a 404 or 500 error or anything.

If it is coming back properly, then it's a problem with your actionscript to load the video in.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:58 PM

Okay I cleared up some code and it plays now, but no controls, another thing is that the video is smaller than it is suppose to be, and i don't think that its the compression but i can check that in a bit i don't have access to it now, but shouldn't the controls still appear on the video? they don't appear right now.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1