This is my first post in this forum, and i hope to find help !!
i have an exam 2morrow .. in C++, and i'm still having problems in understanding looping .. THIS forum is realy my last hope
I've got 2 problems in looping, i realy wish help in solving it and understanding the solution ..
1) write a program to count the vowels and alphabets in an input line of characters. Read the characters one at a time until you encounter the end-of-line character. Then print out :
- the number of occurences of each of the vowels ( a, e, i, o, u ) whether capital or small.
- the total number of alphabets, and
- the integer percentage of each vowel.
Note that the program should ignore all non-alphabrts.
for the following input :
A good word is a charity
suggested output format is;
number of vowels:
a 3 , e 0 , i 2 , o 3 , u 0
total number of letters is 19
Integer Percentages of each vowel:
a 16% , e 0% , i 11% , o 16% , u 0%
2) Tragectory of a stone Consider the trajectory of a stone that is hurled into the air with an initial velocity v at an angle to the horizontal of ( @ ) radians. Neglecting drag due to friction with the atmoshere, the following equations describe the stone's distance ( d ) from the initial spot and the height (h) of a stone at time t :
d = v.t.cos@ ... as for distance
h = v.t.sin@-1/2 g.t^2 ... as for height
where g is the acceleration due to gravity ( 9.8m/s2 (
or 32 ft/s^2
a) write a program that will generate a table that gives the distance and hieght of the stone for every tenth of a seconds, assuming that the initial velocity is in ft/s and the angle in degrees are read from the keyboard.
write program that will generate a table that gives the distance and height of the stone for every tenth of a second until it hits of a second until it hits the ground. Assume that the initial velocity is 75 ft/s at an angle of 30[color=#3366FF]
** @ is the angle theta.
** ^2 , is power 2 or square !!
This post has been edited by Mi$s-Q8: 30 April 2008 - 08:24 AM