9 Replies - 1319 Views - Last Post: 09 May 2008 - 06:12 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Future of Software Development

Posted 06 May 2008 - 03:35 PM

Will software development become simpler or more complicated in the future? Will teams become smaller or larger? Is there a general trend for the types of software that programmers will start to make? Will programmers (on average) be paid more or less?

Just curious.

This post has been edited by Nihilated: 06 May 2008 - 03:43 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Future of Software Development

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Future of Software Development

Posted 06 May 2008 - 04:05 PM

Well what do you think? Perhaps if we hear some of your reasoning for why you think that, then we can pitch in. And heck, if you are trying to get us to do your homework, you will have already done it by telling us first what you think about each of the questions.

;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:34 PM

View PostMartyr2, on 6 May, 2008 - 04:05 PM, said:

Well what do you think? Perhaps if we hear some of your reasoning for why you think that, then we can pitch in. And heck, if you are trying to get us to do your homework, you will have already done it by telling us first what you think about each of the questions.

;)

I don't know, that is why I am asking. Gee, does this really look like a way to get hw done?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• CTO
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 May 2008 - 04:13 AM

I think what he's saying is that the questions you are asking give away the fact that you have not even done a cursory Google search for the information on your own, but rather expect the DIC oracles to sh** out an answer for you. Now Martyr2 is much to nice to put it that way, but (apparently) I'm not. :) Think for yourself, do your own research, and if you have questions based on that research that people in the industry could help with, I'm sure the response from DIC members would be overwhelmingly positive.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 May 2008 - 03:35 PM

View PostProgrammist, on 7 May, 2008 - 04:13 AM, said:

I think what he's saying is that the questions you are asking give away the fact that you have not even done a cursory Google search for the information on your own, but rather expect the DIC oracles to sh** out an answer for you. Now Martyr2 is much to nice to put it that way, but (apparently) I'm not. :) Think for yourself, do your own research, and if you have questions based on that research that people in the industry could help with, I'm sure the response from DIC members would be overwhelmingly positive.

Thank you for the advice I will take it sincerely. And if this is how you get pissed off at someone you can simply ignore over the ignore over the internet, man, I wonder what you are in real life.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 May 2008 - 03:47 PM

Before your panties go from a mere bunch to a full on wedgie, let's review your forum questions thus far:

View PostNihilated, on 3 May, 2008 - 12:27 PM, said:

What are the differences between solipsism and nihilism? To me, they seem to be describing a similar concept in their own ways, but I was wondering about the subtle differences.

View PostNihilated, on 5 May, 2008 - 06:06 PM, said:

Which programming language do you think will be used the most in the near future? You define the timescale and the reason. Personally, I think it is Java or C++, but I could be completely wrong about this. I'm learning Java right now so I hope it's Java!

View PostNihilated, on 6 May, 2008 - 06:35 PM, said:

Will software development become simpler or more complicated in the future? Will teams become smaller or larger? Is there a general trend for the types of software that programmers will start to make? Will programmers (on average) be paid more or less?

Just curious.

And "Is AI Possible?" - can't really quote it as the question is asked in the title.

Please forgive us for being skeptical, but these all sound an awful lot like homework assignments. No sense in getting all huffy about it.

This post has been edited by BenignDesign: 07 May 2008 - 03:49 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g++ jameson.cpp -o beverage
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:21 PM

If I leave on a train heading east at 200 mph and benign leaves on a train heading west at 250 mph, how long will it take for supersloth to flame this guy in this thread?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#8 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Dic Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:36 PM

View PostKYA, on 8 May, 2008 - 01:21 AM, said:

If I leave on a train heading east at 200 mph and benign leaves on a train heading west at 250 mph, how long will it take for supersloth to flame this guy in this thread?

Infinity + 1
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g++ jameson.cpp -o beverage
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:30 AM

sloth is buzz lightyear of star command?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:12 PM

View PostBenignDesign, on 7 May, 2008 - 03:47 PM, said:

Before your panties go from a mere bunch to a full on wedgie, let's review your forum questions thus far:

View PostNihilated, on 3 May, 2008 - 12:27 PM, said:

What are the differences between solipsism and nihilism? To me, they seem to be describing a similar concept in their own ways, but I was wondering about the subtle differences.

View PostNihilated, on 5 May, 2008 - 06:06 PM, said:

Which programming language do you think will be used the most in the near future? You define the timescale and the reason. Personally, I think it is Java or C++, but I could be completely wrong about this. I'm learning Java right now so I hope it's Java!

View PostNihilated, on 6 May, 2008 - 06:35 PM, said:

Just curious.

And "Is AI Possible?" - can't really quote it as the question is asked in the title.

Please forgive us for being skeptical, but these all sound an awful lot like homework assignments. No sense in getting all huffy about it.

I will try to make it seem less like "homework" next time. But in "Is AI Possible?" I didn't merely ask a question; I also offered my opinion over it. I was just trying to hold a discussion; honestly in compsci they don't give hw like the questions I asked. I thought a specialized forum such as this one would provide me with insightful details from all sorts of personal perspectives, more than just the ones I've found from googling.

*edit* I can understand that I may have sounded like a leech in the previous posts, but I didn't like the way that Programmist had to respond to the situation.

This post has been edited by Nihilated: 09 May 2008 - 06:14 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1