Flash Nav Bar Link?

I dont know what the file path should be...

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 842 Views - Last Post: 04 June 2008 - 09:44 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Flash Nav Bar Link?

Post icon  Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:55 PM

on(release){
	getURL("file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Alex%20(geo)/Desktop/Web%20Site's/Escaladas%20Associates/Escaladas%20Associates/web-content/portfolio.html")
}  

There is the file path I placed on the flash button. It works when I run the site off of my flash drive. However when I actually upload the site to my host (Host Monster) all works correctly except the links dont work. I'm pretty sure my file path is incorrect but I'm not sure how to correct it...

I would really appreciate any help

Thanks so much

Alex Gio

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Flash Nav Bar Link?

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Flash Nav Bar Link?

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:38 PM

This is because you are using and absolute path that is local to you hard drive. what you need is a relative link.

relative links look something lie this
Escaladas%20Associates/web-content/portfolio.html

read this for more info - although this article is for html it is the same for flash.
http://www.extropia....lute_links.html
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Flash Nav Bar Link?

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:44 PM

Right now, what you are saying is to look for a file on the Hard Drive, it works when you are using the flash app on your computer because your computer has the other file as well, hwoever when you upload the file it no longer has the ability to access your harddrive (some of the niceties of flash) and thus doesn't work.

What you need to do is upload both files, the link and main file, and change the url that it is attempting to open to something that is true for your host.

So, right now you have this:

on(release){
getURL("file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Alex%20(geo)/Desktop/Web%20Site's/Escaladas%20Associates/Escaladas%20Associates/web-content/portfolio.html")
}

The red text points to the file on your computer. When you upload the file that red text almost (if not totally) all changes so you would need to be linking to a file like so:

on(release){
getURL("http://www.yoursite....tml_file_is_at/portfolio.html")
}

Or, if you have the main swf at one folder and the linked to page up one folder you could do something easy like this:

on(release){
getURL("folder_name/portfolio.html")
}

Hope that helps.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1