2 Replies - 2997 Views - Last Post: 13 May 2008 - 12:43 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

pogo.com java problem (please help)

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:54 AM

my moms ancient computer has been acting up on her. All she uses it for is pogo (an online gaming platform).

It had worked for ages, albiet very slowly. I put a router in, and now have three boxes running off it. Two of the three, running 98, all work perfectly. The java runs fine, as does pogo.

Well the old computer, which did run fine, no for some reason is giving me java errors. Now it was running fine on the dialup, now it wont run properly in the network. The connection itself is great, and everything else internet wise runs fine. I've re-installed the correct java program for the windows 95 box, but it still giving me problems when trying to run the pogo.com java applet.

I can't for the life of me figure out whats wrong with this **** pogo program. its the only thing my mom uses the computer for. i'd just put windows 98 on it, but, well, moms mom. she doesn't like change.

the computer is actually really stable, other than for this damnn java problem, which was fine only a week ago. I dont think anyone has buggered with the java, so i dont know what went wrong with it...

Anyone know whats wrong by reading the error message above?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: pogo.com java problem (please help)

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: pogo.com java problem (please help)

Posted 13 May 2008 - 06:27 AM

I think you may have a virus. All your posts have spam links at the bottom being added. I'm assuming it's not you adding them.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: pogo.com java problem (please help)

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:43 PM

View Postfoxon177, on 13 May, 2008 - 12:54 AM, said:

my moms ancient computer has been acting up on her. All she uses it for is pogo (an online gaming platform).

It had worked for ages, albiet very slowly. I put a router in, and now have three boxes running off it. Two of the three, running 98, all work perfectly. The java runs fine, as does pogo.

Well the old computer, which did run fine, no for some reason is giving me java errors. Now it was running fine on the dialup, now it wont run properly in the network. The connection itself is great, and everything else internet wise runs fine. I've re-installed the correct java program for the windows 95 box, but it still giving me problems when trying to run the pogo.com java applet.

I can't for the life of me figure out whats wrong with this **** pogo program. its the only thing my mom uses the computer for. i'd just put windows 98 on it, but, well, moms mom. she doesn't like change.

the computer is actually really stable, other than for this damnn java problem, which was fine only a week ago. I dont think anyone has buggered with the java, so i dont know what went wrong with it...

Anyone know whats wrong by reading the error message above?

Let me guess, first you see that the applet initialization failed to load and then when you start the java error console you are seeing something about classes are not found. If this is the case, it is probably due to a firewall in your network. Put the computer back on dialup and if the java miraculously comes back to life then you know it is the network firewall blocking some of the Java.

Let us know how that works out for you. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1