Invoking VB6 ActiveX dll and Standard Exe from VB.NET

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 2730 Views - Last Post: 18 May 2008 - 09:53 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Invoke VB6 from VB.NET

Post icon  Posted 16 May 2008 - 03:42 AM

Hi Friends,

I have a requirement in my project for invoking VB6 application (ActiveX dll and Standard Exe) from VB.NET.

The VB application has few forms navigation and i need to pass some information from .NET application.

Can someone please provide any inputs.

Thanks in advance,
Rathi
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Invoke VB6 from VB.NET

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Invoke VB6 from VB.NET

Posted 16 May 2008 - 05:06 AM

To execute a VB6 application, like any other, you would use the Process.Start method. It allows you to start a process assuming you have given it the correct path.

What do you mean by invoking the ActiveX dll? I don't know much about VB6 personally, but does your professor want the dll to be referenced in the application?

This can be done by using the top-menu, and using Project > Add Reference... and selecting your DLL in the Browse tab, assuming your dll is a COM object.

Hope that helps. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Invoke VB6 from VB.NET

Posted 18 May 2008 - 09:53 PM

View PostRodgerB, on 16 May, 2008 - 05:06 AM, said:

To execute a VB6 application, like any other, you would use the Process.Start method. It allows you to start a process assuming you have given it the correct path.

What do you mean by invoking the ActiveX dll? I don't know much about VB6 personally, but does your professor want the dll to be referenced in the application?

This can be done by using the top-menu, and using Project > Add Reference... and selecting your DLL in the Browse tab, assuming your dll is a COM object.

Hope that helps. :)

------------------------------
Hi, ActiveX dll is another project type in VB6. My requirement is to invoke VB6 forms from .NET (where VB6 has a couple of forms to navigate and do some work), come back to .net and continue the work.

Hope you have got it. Process.Start just starts an exe where .NET has no control. but i would need to have .NET control the VB flow.

Thanks,
Rathi
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1