0 Replies - 1258 Views - Last Post: 20 May 2008 - 03:49 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

how can I find the absolute position of a chart point

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:49 PM

alright, I have a graph in a worksheet and I'm creating a method that will add a call out to a certain point of the graph where something unusual is happening. The thing is that my call out method places the shape according to absolute position, which is why i need to find what is the absolute position of a point in the chart in oder to calculate the position of the call out.

do you guys know any property or method name that can help???

This is the code I have to create the call out and place it somewhere in the sheet, but I'm planning on changing the absolute values I have there for variables as soon as i can figure out how to locate where to put them.
 Dim shape_one As Excel.Shapes

shape_one = oWS.Shapes

Dim CallOut As Excel.Shape
		CallOut = shape_one.AddShape(Microsoft.Office.Core.MsoAutoShapeType.msoShapeLineCallout1BorderandAccentBar, 550, 190, 100, 30)

With CallOut
			.Name = "Call_Out"
			.Fill.BackColor.RGB = RGB(0, 0, 0)
			.Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(150, 150, 150)
			.Fill.Solid()
			.Callout.CustomLength(75)
			.Callout.Angle = Microsoft.Office.Core.MsoCalloutAngleType.msoCalloutAngle30
			.Callout.PresetDrop(Microsoft.Office.Core.MsoCalloutDropType.msoCalloutDropBottom)
			.TextEffect.Text = msg(Type)
			.TextEffect.FontSize = 8
			.Line.EndArrowheadStyle = Microsoft.Office.Core.MsoArrowheadStyle.msoArrowheadTriangle
			.Line.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(0, 0, 0)
		End With

I'm not really looking for any sample code, just some ideas as how to ge there, anything that is already built to VB.NET

thanks in advance

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Page 1 of 1