2 Replies - 664 Views - Last Post: 01 June 2008 - 06:00 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

How Cntrl hardware

Post icon  Posted 31 May 2008 - 06:22 AM

The c-language how control hardware.
please give me basic information about hardware.
Thank You
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How Cntrl hardware

• g++ jameson.cpp -o beverage
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How Cntrl hardware

Posted 31 May 2008 - 06:46 AM

Electrons->on and off-> 1 and 0-> control structures->greater abstraction->c program->stuff
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Can grep dead trees!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How Cntrl hardware

Posted 01 June 2008 - 06:00 PM

This is really too general a question. There are LOTS of ways to control hardware.

If you are talking about standard hardware (like the mouse or a hard drive or a video card) then generally there is a standard interface/API that you can access and then sometimes there is a manufacturer specific API which may give you more functionality that is available though the OS.

Course if you are talking about custom hardware then you need to tell us what technology the hardware uses to interact with the computer: PCI, ePCI, IDE, EIDE, AGP, SATA, IR, Serial, Parallel, USB, Firewire, IEEE 1394, Ethernet... I am sure there are more.

Generally you want to use the OS as much as possible (since this is part of an OS's job). So you can search google for "interfacing using ________" and find info on that technology. Generally this is a good area to search Amazon for a book on since generally you have electronics and programming.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1