Leave Application

Online Leave Application

Page 1 of 1

7 Replies - 6072 Views - Last Post: 31 July 2009 - 08:41 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Leave Application

Posted 01 June 2008 - 06:02 PM

I have to create an online application which i can apply it on every employee's computer in my company and i have create the application on visual basic 2008 and SQL 2005 using windows application and database. The problem is i do not understand how am i going to run the application on every employee's conputer. Because i have create the application on my computer, must i install SQL on every employee's computer? or any other software i have to used. This is my first time i'm using Visual basic can anyone help me...

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Leave Application

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Leave Application

Posted 01 June 2008 - 06:43 PM

You would have to install your application executable files on every employee's computer. Also, you would need to have a centralised database on a computer, so everyone can connect to the same database (withouth it being "localhost" for everyone).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:29 PM

Ok, thanx for the answer whut if i've created the database on my laptop then i want to transfer the database on the computer as the centralized database. then whut should i do? Must i install the SQL and Visual Basic?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 June 2008 - 04:11 AM

The computer running the database will need SQL 2005 installed and the database moved to it. This computer won't need visual basic installed.

Furthermore, your application will have to connect to that sever (instead of a "localhost" database).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 June 2008 - 05:36 AM

Moved to VB.NET (VB 2008 is .Net) :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:25 PM

View Posthaidan_dan, on 1 Jun, 2008 - 05:02 PM, said:

I have to create an online application which i can apply it on every employee's computer in my company and i have create the application on visual basic 2008 and SQL 2005 using windows application and database. The problem is i do not understand how am i going to run the application on every employee's conputer. Because i have create the application on my computer, must i install SQL on every employee's computer? or any other software i have to used. This is my first time i'm using Visual basic can anyone help me...

if you has done with your application, you can do installing the program in your computer only, because only the right employee to do that job. may be you can create second file with hard copy or print that form. then the employee can input the data to your program.
thanks.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:06 AM

Hi,

Just create two application 1. Server version (containing the database) and 2. The client version (with no database but with the ability to locate a database). then install the client version through clickonce ability to clients (website sort of), then install the server version on the PC to run the database...has this helped?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:41 AM

Alternatively, you can use ASP.NET to make a web application. ASP.Net allows you to use web technologies to make a website, but also allows you to use any .Net Programming language like C# or Vb .Net. You can still use a SQL database. Coding it in ASP.Net will prevent you from having to make two applications, because you can assign "permissions" to users more easily. Also, you won't have to deploy the executable on their computers.

You can host the site on your company's intranet, or host it on the web.

This post has been edited by weirddemon: 31 July 2009 - 08:42 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1