keeping track of Lusers and their problems

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 894 Views - Last Post: 05 June 2008 - 06:11 PM

• A$$hole Extraordinaire.
  • member icon

• View blog

Help Desk Management System

Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:53 AM

So I'll explain a little bit of my situation. I'm currently the head of what is roughly a help desk. Only we don't get to actually help, but rather are middlemen to a civilian corperation (NMCI) that is contracted to do all the work. so we take calls, and figure out how to relate it to these highly paid "experts". The problem is when people want to know what's going on with their "ticket" they come ask us. So in the past I've developed a few systems that worked for a while, but ultimately failed. Also, our "Help Desk" only has one computer to use... I was wondering if you work in a help-desk-esq environment, what system(s) you use to keep track of everyone's requests?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Help Desk Management System

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Help Desk Management System

Posted 05 June 2008 - 06:08 PM

Hi. At my job, we use GLPI.
It does an amazing for our needs and seems suited for yours too. I suggest you have a look.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Help Desk Management System

Posted 05 June 2008 - 06:11 PM

I installed xrms onto a server at my shop. It was one of the best things I've done. It keeps potential clients (phone numbers ect) as well existing customers information along with their tickets. Everything is available for anytime I have someone call in & request an update, or if I'm waiting on parts for something, or anything.

*edit* plus I forwarded the html requests from that server, so I can log onto it remotely. That was huge bonus as well.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1