JCreator - Good or Bad?

  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

36 Replies - 12258 Views - Last Post: 26 September 2009 - 08:08 AM

#16 pbl  Icon User is offline

  • There is nothing you can't do with a JTable
  • member icon

Reputation: 8347
  • View blog
  • Posts: 31,913
  • Joined: 06-March 08

Re: JCreator - Good or Bad?

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:44 PM

View PostKYA, on 9 Jun, 2008 - 04:34 PM, said:

JCreator LE is good (imo)

Ironically it is written in C++ :)

You are right KYA let us preach for our Parish... use Eclipse fully written in Java
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#17 Locke  Icon User is offline

  • Sarcasm Extraordinaire!
  • member icon

Reputation: 521
  • View blog
  • Posts: 5,596
  • Joined: 20-March 08

Re: JCreator - Good or Bad?

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:30 PM

...Why does it matter what it's programmed in? They run the same way. I have considered moving to eclipse, but for some reason, my computer doesn't like it. I will eventually figure out a way to run it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#18 pbl  Icon User is offline

  • There is nothing you can't do with a JTable
  • member icon

Reputation: 8347
  • View blog
  • Posts: 31,913
  • Joined: 06-March 08

Re: JCreator - Good or Bad?

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:47 PM

View PostLocke37, on 9 Jun, 2008 - 07:30 PM, said:

...Why does it matter what it's programmed in? They run the same way. I have considered moving to eclipse, but for some reason, my computer doesn't like it. I will eventually figure out a way to run it.

I don't give a sh* if JVM is written in Cobol but to encourage our fellow workers who develop in Java I'll use an IDE written in Java

"When the thinker shows the moon, the monkey looks to this finger" (Chineese proverb)
"When the Java programmer shows the moon, the C++ programmer looks to this finger" (Java wisdom proverb)

This post has been edited by pbl: 09 June 2008 - 08:45 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#19 mensahero  Icon User is offline

  • I Desire...
  • member icon

Reputation: 17
  • View blog
  • Posts: 680
  • Joined: 26-May 08

Re: JCreator - Good or Bad?

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:11 PM

Quote

"When the thinker shows the moon, the monkey looks to this finger" (Chineese proverb)
"When the Java programmer shows the moon, the C++ programmer looks to this finger" (Java wisdom proverb)


:blink: forgive my Stupidity but I don't get it.. :crazy:

and I find it funny.. lmao.. comparison between a monkey and a c++ programmer.. lmao.. :blink: I just don't get it.. :D
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#20 prajayshetty  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

Reputation: 31
  • View blog
  • Posts: 920
  • Joined: 27-April 07

Re: JCreator - Good or Bad?

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:49 AM

View Postmensahero, on 9 Jun, 2008 - 08:11 PM, said:

Quote

"When the thinker shows the moon, the monkey looks to this finger" (Chineese proverb)
"When the Java programmer shows the moon, the C++ programmer looks to this finger" (Java wisdom proverb)


:blink: forgive my Stupidity but I don't get it.. :crazy:

and I find it funny.. lmao.. comparison between a monkey and a c++ programmer.. lmao.. :blink: I just don't get it.. :D

well guys thanks for ur help now u will kill me cozof somuch editing finally selected eclipse thanks for comments on jcreator ,netbeans .

This post has been edited by prajayshetty: 10 June 2008 - 01:28 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#21 1lacca  Icon User is offline

  • code.rascal
  • member icon

Reputation: 44
  • View blog
  • Posts: 3,822
  • Joined: 11-August 05

Re: JCreator - Good or Bad?

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:51 AM

View Postpbl, on 10 Jun, 2008 - 01:30 AM, said:

I use Eclipse (also free)
I think it is just a quetsion of personal preference...
Eclipse alse has a C/C++ plug in if you use both languages and only want to use a single IDE

NetBeans also has a C/C++ plug-in, and some more as well.

Quote

I don't give a sh* if JVM is written in Cobol but to encourage our fellow workers who develop in Java I'll use an IDE written in Java

Eclipse uses SWT as it's widget set, that is a partly native library (written in C/C++), so if you really want to practice what you preach, I'd say NetBeans is a better shot, since it is Swing based, that is more Javaish.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#22 prajayshetty  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

Reputation: 31
  • View blog
  • Posts: 920
  • Joined: 27-April 07

Re: JCreator - Good or Bad?

Posted 10 June 2008 - 08:32 AM

View Post1lacca, on 10 Jun, 2008 - 01:51 AM, said:

View Postpbl, on 10 Jun, 2008 - 01:30 AM, said:

I use Eclipse (also free)
I think it is just a quetsion of personal preference...
Eclipse alse has a C/C++ plug in if you use both languages and only want to use a single IDE

NetBeans also has a C/C++ plug-in, and some more as well.

Quote

I don't give a sh* if JVM is written in Cobol but to encourage our fellow workers who develop in Java I'll use an IDE written in Java

Eclipse uses SWT as it's widget set, that is a partly native library (written in C/C++), so if you really want to practice what you preach, I'd say NetBeans is a better shot, since it is Swing based, that is more Javaish.

thanks but i have netbeans too i had accidently went in c/c++ mode can u tell me how to return back coz me starting java so if in a good track then better coz this language and the ide is totally new to me
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#23 1lacca  Icon User is offline

  • code.rascal
  • member icon

Reputation: 44
  • View blog
  • Posts: 3,822
  • Joined: 11-August 05

Re: JCreator - Good or Bad?

Posted 10 June 2008 - 08:54 AM

If you mean that when you start the IDE and only C/C++ projects appear, I must say I've encountered the same thing (bug?).
I reinstalled it and didn't let it to download any updates, and it seemed to solve my problems, however I haven't used NetBeans for a while, so it is possible that it is just some sort of a setting.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#24 prajayshetty  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

Reputation: 31
  • View blog
  • Posts: 920
  • Joined: 27-April 07

Re: JCreator - Good or Bad?

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:38 AM

View Post1lacca, on 10 Jun, 2008 - 08:54 AM, said:

If you mean that when you start the IDE and only C/C++ projects appear, I must say I've encountered the same thing (bug?).
I reinstalled it and didn't let it to download any updates, and it seemed to solve my problems, however I haven't used NetBeans for a while, so it is possible that it is just some sort of a setting.

will try it out
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#25 pbl  Icon User is offline

  • There is nothing you can't do with a JTable
  • member icon

Reputation: 8347
  • View blog
  • Posts: 31,913
  • Joined: 06-March 08

Re: JCreator - Good or Bad?

Posted 10 June 2008 - 06:08 PM

View Post1lacca, on 10 Jun, 2008 - 01:51 AM, said:

Eclipse uses SWT as it's widget set, that is a partly native library (written in C/C++), so if you really want to practice what you preach, I'd say NetBeans is a better shot, since it is Swing based, that is more Javaish.

We don't need enemy when we have friends like you 1licca :D
Really a good shot :^:

This post has been edited by pbl: 10 June 2008 - 06:09 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#26 KYA  Icon User is offline

  • g++ jameson.cpp -o beverage
  • member icon

Reputation: 3124
  • View blog
  • Posts: 19,168
  • Joined: 14-September 07

Re: JCreator - Good or Bad?

Posted 10 June 2008 - 06:25 PM

*looks at finger*
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#27 gl3thr0  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Regular

Reputation: 19
  • View blog
  • Posts: 319
  • Joined: 27-October 07

Re: JCreator - Good or Bad?

Posted 10 June 2008 - 07:18 PM

yes butt theres one thing tht hsnt been pointed out...

eclipse == celebrities.CarmenElectra

netbeans == celebrities.MarilynManson // ugly and scary as hell :P )

This post has been edited by gl3thr0: 10 June 2008 - 07:25 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#28 Locke  Icon User is offline

  • Sarcasm Extraordinaire!
  • member icon

Reputation: 521
  • View blog
  • Posts: 5,596
  • Joined: 20-March 08

Re: JCreator - Good or Bad?

Posted 10 June 2008 - 08:26 PM

View Postgl3thr0, on 10 Jun, 2008 - 07:18 PM, said:

yes butt theres one thing tht hsnt been pointed out...

eclipse == celebrities.CarmenElectra

netbeans == celebrities.MarilynManson // ugly and scary as hell :P )


Interesting way to put it. :D Although I like NetBeans for ONE reason only, the ease of creating Swing applications. Other than that, I hate it, and never use it for anything else. :blink:

I use JCreator, but a couple of my friends use Eclipse and tell me to use it, but I don't like changing IDEs. But then again, I need a more powerful one. :)

This post has been edited by Locke37: 10 June 2008 - 08:36 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#29 mensahero  Icon User is offline

  • I Desire...
  • member icon

Reputation: 17
  • View blog
  • Posts: 680
  • Joined: 26-May 08

Re: JCreator - Good or Bad?

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:49 PM

intellijIDEA == movies.starwars << lmao.. :blink:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#30 1lacca  Icon User is offline

  • code.rascal
  • member icon

Reputation: 44
  • View blog
  • Posts: 3,822
  • Joined: 11-August 05

Re: JCreator - Good or Bad?

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:23 AM

View Postpbl, on 11 Jun, 2008 - 03:08 AM, said:

View Post1lacca, on 10 Jun, 2008 - 01:51 AM, said:

Eclipse uses SWT as it's widget set, that is a partly native library (written in C/C++), so if you really want to practice what you preach, I'd say NetBeans is a better shot, since it is Swing based, that is more Javaish.

We don't need enemy when we have friends like you 1licca :D
Really a good shot :^:


:D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3