The problem is:
1. I open the SQL server management studio express..
2. A dialog box open.. and I set the server name.. "I Didn't typed it.." it was the only choice ..
3. Everytime I click the Connect I recieve the error below..
if the image not working.. see attachment..
I never used SQL server.. and I don't even know where to make the database there.. I read tutorials.. but it's all typing things.. I mean.. how will I create a big RDBMS with just typing codes to create tables and such..
1. is there a GUI that will let you design databases like access.. and vb6 database manager?
2. And forgive me for being such a n00b.. what is the file extension for a typical SQL database.. ? like in access.. its .mdb..
and please don't tell me to write SQL commands like "create table and such.. " I already read about those.. I just can't imagine designing RDBMS with coding.. an IDE for SQL database would be better like access..
This post has been edited by mensahero: 09 June 2008 - 09:34 AM