Play List web page

I need to develop a web page that contains a table of audio/video play

Page 1 of 1

5 Replies - 3997 Views - Last Post: 10 June 2008 - 11:51 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Play List web page

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:36 PM

I need to develop a web page that contains a table of audio/video play list that are running in the web page. The line containing the song/video that is currently running in the page should be highlighted, and after it is completed the next scheduled song should be highlighted and so on...

This audio/video play list is stored in a .wxs file which contains the daily scheduled list of songs/videos each with its start date/time, end date/time, duration and so on...

I need the help to how to build this page and make it dynamically highlighting the song that is running (using asp or asp.net)? I can build a simple asp page that reads the .wxs file and populates its information into a html table, but my problem is how to highlight the table line which contains the running song?

Please note that the songs/video are ran using an embeded media player in the page. I realize that the media player is able to highlight each song/video that is running, but I want to show the play list in a seperate table that contains more information than the media player displays (such as start date/time, end date/time, duration etc)

Thanks very much for your suggestions/help;

Dave

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Play List web page

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Play List web page

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:20 PM

I need to develop a web page that contains a table of audio/video play list that are running in the web page. The line containing the song/video that is currently running in the page should be highlighted, and after it is completed the next scheduled song should be highlighted and so on...

This audio/video play list is stored in a .wxs file which contains the daily scheduled list of songs/videos each with its start date/time, end date/time, duration and so on...

I need the help to how to build this page and make it dynamically highlighting the song that is running (using asp or asp.net)? I can build a simple asp page that reads the .wxs file and populates its information into a html table, but my problem is how to highlight the table line which contains the running song?

Please note that the songs/video are ran using an embeded media player in the page. I realize that the media player is able to highlight each song/video that is running, but I want to show the play list in a seperate table that contains more information than the media player displays (such as start date/time, end date/time, duration etc)

Dave
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:20 PM

Dave
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:39 PM

[rules][/rules]

Also, please don't start duplicate topics like this, it's not only against the forum rules, but it isn't going to get you help any faster.

Now Im merging this with the others you started in the ASP.NET and C# Forums.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:38 AM

View PostPsychoCoder, on 9 Jun, 2008 - 02:39 PM, said:

[rules][/rules]

Also, please don't start duplicate topics like this, it's not only against the forum rules, but it isn't going to get you help any faster.

Now Im merging this with the others you started in the ASP.NET and C# Forums.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:51 AM

I apologize about any misunderstanding to the rules of this site....

I am actually not building this application for a course assignment or homework. I am trying to do it voluntarily for a community center in their broadcasting web application. I have developed few web applications using asp, but I never done media web applications before. So I posted my question asking for help to get started. It seems that I have to use asp.net which I haven't used before....

Any advise to which approach should I start with, that would be very much appreciated

Dave
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1