After fixing your own errors

Page 1 of 1

7 Replies - 1459 Views - Last Post: 12 June 2008 - 07:21 PM

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

A Small Request

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:37 AM

Hey everybody, I had a small request to make.

<rant>

There are often times when we post for help on this discussion boards, or others, only to later find the solution to our problem ourselves. We tend to let the discussion boards try up, and never revisit them to post our solutions. I can't tell you how many times I've looked for a solution to a problem I'm having, only to find somebody was having the exact same problem. I scroll down the thread, and all they type is "I got it fixed!", and nothing else! Remember that everything you post is indexed by Google and can be beneficial to other programmers. The point I'm trying to make is, if you ask for help on the board, and you find your own solution, POST IT. It'll really help bring up the quality of the board and help everybody in the future.

</rant>

Edit:

Changed Topic Description because it sounded like I was requesting you fix your own errors. Ha ha.

This post has been edited by akozlik: 12 June 2008 - 09:48 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: A Small Request

• I must break you
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: A Small Request

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:59 AM

Very good point! I try to do that whenever I solve my own problem.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I Desire...
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:04 AM

.. YES.. that's really important.. that's a common problem I saw when searching for solution on google.. many people have the problem.. but when they found the solution.. they just disappear.. lmao.. :blink: ..

...It should be a forumer's value to provide much information as possible..

This post has been edited by mensahero: 12 June 2008 - 10:05 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:09 AM

I'm going to move this to the Cubicle Corner, it's a more appropriate place since this isn't exactly a programming question.

Good point though akozlik, I try hard to do that as well, but sometimes I just forget
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• go sabres

• View blog

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:16 AM

i 100% agree. if i have a question and i post about. i always try to post my solution as best as i can. but noone can get 100% of their posts. but almost noone does it so i def feel for your frustration
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 June 2008 - 11:05 AM

I don't know if I hav done it in the past or not (at least here on DIC) but I think I may start, if I ever have another question to post...

Most of the time I think people don't want to be giving away their source coe so they just say it is fixed now and run away. But that doesn't help out the billions of other people out there that could have the same problem. I would have to agree that this is a good idea.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Everybody's crazy but me!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 June 2008 - 06:32 PM

View Postakozlik, on 12 Jun, 2008 - 11:37 AM, said:

Hey everybody, I had a small request to make.

<rant>

There are often times when we post for help on this discussion boards, or others, only to later find the solution to our problem ourselves. We tend to let the discussion boards try up, and never revisit them to post our solutions. I can't tell you how many times I've looked for a solution to a problem I'm having, only to find somebody was having the exact same problem. I scroll down the thread, and all they type is "I got it fixed!", and nothing else! Remember that everything you post is indexed by Google and can be beneficial to other programmers. The point I'm trying to make is, if you ask for help on the board, and you find your own solution, POST IT. It'll really help bring up the quality of the board and help everybody in the future.

</rant>

Edit:

Changed Topic Description because it sounded like I was requesting you fix your own errors. Ha ha.

I thought I was the only one who felt this way. You understand how frustrating it is to finally find someone who has the same question as you, and found the answer, but won't tell you!

I don't mind a bit giving away anything I write that may be useful to anyone else (there's just so little of it yet, lol).

:P
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I Desire...
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 June 2008 - 07:21 PM

I thought I was the only one who felt this way. You understand how frustrating it is to finally find someone who has the same question as you, and found the answer, but won't tell you!

happens to me all the time.. when using google.. :blink: and since 4 years I never reformat my computer.. google is my bestfriend.. but most of the time annoying.. because of the above mentioned problem.. people post question.. and when they solve it.. they disappear.. lmao.. :blink:

This post has been edited by mensahero: 12 June 2008 - 07:23 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1