8 Replies - 747 Views - Last Post: 14 June 2008 - 05:03 PM

• printf("I'm a %XR",195936478);
  • member icon

• View blog

I finally found my PS1 Cable

Posted 14 June 2008 - 05:20 AM

After years of searching, I finally found my PlayStation1 AV Cable in an old cabinet.
F1 2000 was the closest PS1 CD I had, I popped it in and was playing it for over 2 hours.
I have to admit, some PS1 games are more addictive than current XBOX360 releases, which once again goes to prove that (gameplay > graphics)

Do any of you guys still play on old consoles? Which ones?

Here are some screens:
  • My LCD TV + Set-top Box, XBOX360 and PS1:
    Attached Image
  • F1 2000 Screens:
    Attached Image
    Attached Image
    Attached Image

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: I finally found my PS1 Cable

• I Desire...
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: I finally found my PS1 Cable

Posted 14 June 2008 - 06:42 AM

The truth is IMO.. Playstation 1 has the greatest cool turn-based type RPG game ever.. lmao.. the old 2D anime turn-based topdown view Role playing games are the best RPG there is.. :blink: .... New RPG releases focuses on 3D graphics.. Semi- top down almost 3rd Person view.. which is not really good for a real RPG game.. well MMORPG is dominating now..

but the Joy of playing countless days.... OLD SCHOOL RPG with the playstation 1 could never be forgotten.. lmao.. :blink: .. atleast for me though.. suikoden.. :w00t:

I still play old ps1 games on my ps2 console.. lmao.. mostly RPG's.. :blink: ..

This post has been edited by mensahero: 14 June 2008 - 06:43 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 June 2008 - 08:01 AM

I wish i had a PS1 or PS2 or Xbox360 or anything new! Psycho, your kid who needs dual monitors and amazing comp parts can learn a thing from me. a 16 Year old kid who's newest system is a Super Nintendo Circa 1992. This thing is 15 and i am 16 and its still running strong. If it ever dies I swear to god I will cry. I wouldn't mind having an xbox360, but having this snes is so much cheaper and I can play Super Mario World for hours. No matter how many times you beat it, it has replay value because there are so many secrets to unlock. I have 94 of the 96 unlockable levels, but i cannot figure out what I am missing.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 June 2008 - 08:12 AM

IMO - The Nintendo (NES) had the funnest games. Although I remember countless hours of Atari 2600 playing, flipping the score on Defender and Centipede.

To me graphics are great and all but I will take game play over graphics anyday. Many newer 360 games are fun to play once or twice but there is no real replay value for them. Games that are over 20 - 30 years old and I still find myself enjoying them is invaluable.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 June 2008 - 08:29 AM

I have my SNES hooked up to a 22" High Res LCD and it looks so nice when playing donkey kong country 2. Sure it is 2D, but the sprites are really nice.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Bastard Operator From Hell
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:05 AM

I have snes but it is missing a power cable and of course i have tons of games, Also I have sega genesis 3 Sonic FTW

This post has been edited by Mikhail: 14 June 2008 - 10:05 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Segmentation fault
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 June 2008 - 01:54 PM

I don't like many games from the original Playstation.

Hard to beat Gauntlet on the NES, one of the best unlicensed NES games sold at Gamestop. :)

I can't play shooters on the PSX. I don't know why, I just can't. They all have such poor controls. I know there are other genres out there, but I like FPS the most right now. To me the PSX and N64 were ideally "platformer" consoles.

It's not that old, but I really like Halo on the Xbox. Playing on legendary just gets so ridiculous, it's great.

That said, there are some exceptions to my "I don't like N64/PSX games" rant. Battlezone Rise of The Black Dogs was a good N64 game. Space Station Silicon Valley was a different, but good game as well. N64 had some good racing games too (like the RUSH game that took place in the future). PSX had a lot of good fighting games like Marvel VS Capcom and that one Star Wars fighting game. If Animal Forest had been released in America (N64), I think that would have been a great game as well. I play the rom on occasion. :)

Edit: Forgot about Sega Genesis. The Streets Of Rage series is my hands down favourite game on that console. I also really liked Vectorman, the Marvel games, etc.

This post has been edited by Tom9729: 14 June 2008 - 01:56 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Isn't a volcano just an angry hill?
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 June 2008 - 02:59 PM

Technology can make anyone feel old, I've got some "3D teens" telling me about how stupid all those kawaii 2D games I play are- my old school babies!!

Puyo Puyo, Bomberman, countless japanese RPGs, there's so many of them. Now its hard for me to find a good new game that comes out, I've basically turned to- well those korean MMORPGs I play often (icon links in my sig to the furthest right).

But really, when did games start to suck? Sure there's some good ones but 85% to 95% of the game store shelf is crap these days. I walk in and I see movie games and games which are 3rd rate copies at best of games I've played in the 90s.

This post has been edited by WolfCoder: 14 June 2008 - 03:03 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 June 2008 - 05:03 PM

View Postborn2c0de, on 14 Jun, 2008 - 08:20 AM, said:

Do any of you guys still play on old consoles? Which ones?

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

As well, I love a great game of Mrs Pac Man on Mame.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1