But, before I start: GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND! Don't be afraid to try searching a few different things before you find the result that you need!
Also, I'm not just going to go to Google and pick out the top ten results... these are the sites that I have learned from, and find them particularly useful.
Try this site for a massive collection of FREE computer books ~ covering programming, computer science and much more!
Also, this site offers free books, too! ~ thanks to vikas1234!
MSDN (Microsoft Developers Network) - Thanks NickDMax, how could I forget that?
Stuck with pointers? Try this video for beginners.
Precedence Chart - Thanks to Cerolobo!
C++ Optimizations - Thanks to NickDMax
- </.dream.in.code> yep, that's right! There are loads of tutorials at your fingertips right here at </d.i.c>
- cplusplus.com has some brilliant tutorials
- cprogramming.com also has some awesome tutorials, covering a whole variety of topics
- FunctionX is another one of my favourites
- Advanced C++ Lessons
- Wotsit - Thanks to NickDMax!
- cppreference.com - Thanks to gothik12!
- http://www.learncpp.com/ ~ Thanks to DoubleFission!
Graphics: Somehow I managed to miss this thread in the Game Programming forum... Lots of nice links there
Some of the most common graphics libraries are:
- relisoft has some nice beginner tutorials
- FunctionX has some detailed tutorials on the Win32 API
- FunctionX [again] for those of you who have Visual Studio
- DirectXtutorial.com has some very detailed tutorials, starting right from a beginner level
- NeHe Productions - IMO, the only resource you need to begin learning OpenGL
Obviously there are more, so if you have any suggestions, please post them here! I'll edit this list and credit you for your additions
Also, scroll down a little to find Cerolobo's post about the standards
Thanks to Bench for the following list!
http://www.parashift...lite/index.html - C++ FAQ
http://www.c-faq.com/ - comp.lang.c FAQ
http://www.comeaucom....com/learn/faq/ alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ FAQ
Useful C++ articles/reference resources
http://www.dinkumware.com/manuals/ - Dinkumware's C++ Libraries Reference manual
http://www.research.att.com/~bs/ - Bjarne Stroustrup's homepage
http://www.eternallyconfuzzled.com/ - A superb collection of assorted C/C++ tutorials
http://home.no.net/d...n32cpptut/html/ - The correct C++ tutorial
http://beej.us/guide/bgnet/ - Beej's Network Programming Guide
Discussion of the use of const
http://www.accu.org/ - Association of C and C++ Users - for C++ book reviews
http://www.rafb.net/efnet_cpp/books/ - the EFNET #C++ Recommended reading list
http://www.mindview....ingInCPP2e.html Bruce Eckel's free E-book Thinking in C++ 2nd Ed.
Artistic Style --A Free, Fast and Small Automatic Formatter for C, C++, C#, and Java Source Code.
This post has been edited by NickDMax: 25 January 2010 - 01:07 PM