2 Replies - 2415 Views - Last Post: 21 July 2008 - 04:47 PM Rate Topic: -----

• I'm pretty good with a laser mouse..
  • member icon

• View blog

ColdFusion Form to XML?

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:47 PM

I'm working on a project where I am dealing with scientists/biologists in the field that are required to input their data in xml form to comply with the US Standard for Biological and Geospacial metadata. They have a few programs right now that have these really crappy wizards with ridiculous amounts of tabs and over-infomation. I'm trying to develop an online ColdFusion web application to where they can input all of the data through an easy to use wizard and then have the application output the data in an xml file. I haven't done too much research on it but I was wondering if anybody knows of an easy method for doing this.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: ColdFusion Form to XML?

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: ColdFusion Form to XML?

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:44 AM

View PostWinstinology, on 16 Jun, 2008 - 02:47 PM, said:

I'm working on a project where I am dealing with scientists/biologists in the field that are required to input their data in xml form to comply with the US Standard for Biological and Geospacial metadata. They have a few programs right now that have these really crappy wizards with ridiculous amounts of tabs and over-infomation. I'm trying to develop an online ColdFusion web application to where they can input all of the data through an easy to use wizard and then have the application output the data in an xml file. I haven't done too much research on it but I was wondering if anybody knows of an easy method for doing this.

Can u supply some more information or a sample of the XML?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I'm pretty good with a laser mouse..
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: ColdFusion Form to XML?

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:47 PM

If you go to the link below, it describes in detail the types of information that are to be in the xml file..

http://www.fws.gov/s...geoexample.html
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1