6 Replies - 2398 Views - Last Post: 17 July 2008 - 08:26 AM

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Flex Builder Chat System

Posted 19 June 2008 - 05:25 PM

Simply put, I made a Flash Builder chat system... I want people to basically look at it and try to break it lol....

It's not the best, but i've been working on it and got it stable today....

all I request is that you Don't actually drop tables... truncating would be fine, but i'll get the point without it being dropped =p

http://jbrace.blades...debug/Chat.html

Oh, and if you could post in here what you did to get past it (if possible), or things I should add to it, Features, Etc...

thank you to everyone who helps =D

~JBrace1990

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Flex Builder Chat System

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Flex Builder Chat System

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:24 PM

Looks okay, could use some BB functionality.
Some smilies would also be nice, like: ) and others :P, :D, ;), ;P, ;D etc.

Doesn't seem to have issues with sql injections, or html injections. One thing I would reccommend is adding a login lock (like after a ccertain number of failed attempts) otherwise people/bots could brute force it.

I know you are probably all over this, but on the rules page you have "{username.text}!", which I am pretty sure is supposed to be the username of whoever just logged in. Just though you may want to know if you didn't already.

<edit>
I did find an error.

If you try to login as someone else (and for instance don't know their password) it will still display them as logged on, even though thye aren't.</edit>

<edit2>
After you click Register, the cancel button doesn't work
</edit2>

This post has been edited by BetaWar: 19 June 2008 - 11:31 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:47 AM

Thank you... and yes, there are some bugs i'm working on (like the {username.text} thing... can't figure out why it doesn't work though....

EDIT:

for your edit one, I can't see that error occurring for me...

the cancel button works now.... and {username.text} now says the persons login name...

BB functionality will be added sometime soon... though idk when lol.... because of the XML, the output of <b> would mess it up (if, for instance, someone put [b])... so, if anything, i'd have to figure out how to make one in Flex, which wouldn't be the easiest to do...

EDIT2: colors won't work perfectly, as they're a new feature I added today when I had some free time....

This post has been edited by JBrace1990: 20 June 2008 - 08:29 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:47 PM

Seems that you got the username.text thing fxed. Also like that you are starting to make it rich text. The only issue that I see with that is (it appears that you can use red, like admin/moderators; unless you chose to go with the *).

When I logged on the members Online thing had me set as a color, so if you could fix that it would be nice.

I also noticed that the send button doesn't work.

To see the who's online bug, next time you go to login, input my name into the username (BetaWar) and no password (or anything, doesn't matter as long as you don't get it right :)) Then login as yourself and you will see that it says I am online too.

When multiple people are online (or said to be) at the same time it places the message "You're all alone" under both of their names. Not sure if this is because it is part of the above bug, or what.

You said the coloring option need some work, so here is one thing to be looking at: I don't know why (probably because it is using an aformentioned bug) but when I change the color of my name it seems to change the color of everyone else's name (in the who's online box) as well.

When you login, if you have set a color for your name in the previous session it stays the same, however the color chooser box doesn't update to show that your text is something other than black.

In all I would say that there are quite a few new bugs added witht he color system.

The bold and italic options don't work either (though I am pretty sure you know this).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:09 AM

yes, bold and italics haven't been added yet, except for the buttons...

like I said, the color system has some flaws right now, but it's not entirely off for now...

the "you're all alone!" should only be there when there's 1 person... i've been trying to figure out WHY it's not... but I think because I didn't add in font colors for them, that's what's messing it up on me...

EDIT: most flaws above are now fixed...

the "you're all alone" problem stems from this code, but idk what's wrong...
$sql3 = mysql_query("SELECT COUNT(*) AS total,username,id,fontColor FROM flex_users WHERE chat_last_active >= '$time2' GROUP BY id,username,password,fontColor,chat_last_active ORDER BY id")or die(mysql_error());
$row3 = mysql_fetch_array($sql3);
   if($row3['total'] == '1'){
    $output .= "<fontColor>#000000</fontColor><bold>no</bold><italics>no</italics><username>You're all alone!</username><br />";
}

EDIT2: fixed the all alone bug when you're not all alone...

Bold and Italics will be added soon, though i'm still not sure on how to do bbcode... I have a bbcode parser in PHP, but it wouldn't transfer correctly through XML, so i'd have to recode one in Flex, which i'm not sure how to do...

EDIT3:

Doesn't seem to have issues with sql injections, or html injections.

lol... they're shouldn't be... I used just about everything known to man on it :P
trim(addslashes(htmlspecialchars(strip_tags(mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['message'])))))

and i'm pretty sure there's not much more >.>

This post has been edited by JBrace1990: 23 June 2008 - 11:32 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:03 PM

Great work!

I've been looking for a simple chat program like this built using Flexbuilder. Was just about to start building one myself when I came across this.

What are your plans for this? Are you looking to share the code?

Anyway I could help (db, programming, testing) let me know.

Rob
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:26 AM

for now, it's for learning purposes... i'm going to probably add it to a site i'm an admin of in place of the flash chat we're currently using... if it's good enough, i might even open a site after i skin it and sell it... maybe 0_o
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1